What's new

What's Cooking, 2015

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Dinner
beef ribs with sweet baby rays original bbq sauce, rice I just cooked, and sausage (can't see it)
not bad for a quick meal
plated on our finest china

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 120

martym

Aaron, I read that wrong and laughed my como se llama off!
thanks!!

I've been watching "Masterchef" again and Chicken Ballotines seem to be quite popular so I decided to give it a try. I followed a recipe from BBC Food quite closely...

Filling: took th emeat off two drumsticks and chopped it finely, and with a half a clove of garlic also chopped finely, briefly fried it off in a little EVOO. 100g packet of spinach leaves into salted boiling water for a few mins and then drained it off and squeezed all the water out. Put this, the chicken and about 75g of Ricotta cheese into a bowl and seasoned with S&P. Blitz it with a handblender until nice and smooth.

Chicken breast skinned and boned, flatten out between cling film. season with S&P, and add the filling, then roll into a sausage tightly wrapped in cling film. Knot up the ends.

I had some chicken stock in the freezer and used this to simmer the sausages for about 30 mins.

I used the pan I fried up the chicken in to make a sauce: in with the other half a clove of garlic, and a couple of glasses of Chardonnay, reduced down till quite thick and in with about a cupfull of the stock, reduced that again and put some fresh tarragon in. Once it was thick enough I finished it with a large dollop of creme fraiche.

Took the sausages out of the stock and unwrapped them - tricky job without burning one's fingers! Melted a little butter in a clean saute pan and briefly fried them to get a little colour and voila!

Attachments

• $11117233_10153751735593275_7432884737948340441_n.jpg
    $11117233_10153751735593275_7432884737948340441_n.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 89
"Black Pudding smoked on the BBQ with potato fritters and eggs."

Excellent! Made Breakfast burrito's for the kids this morning. :biggrin1:

For Dinner, pasta, meatballs, sausage, "gravery" (what my nana and aunts called the Sunday sauce with meat), pan-fried garlic toast, and 2012 All-Star Game Midsummer Classic Cabernet!

$4-12-15 dinner.JPG

Tom

martym

Just a quick meatloaf for work. Sides shall be chopped broccoli and Au Gratin taters. That's not a whole piece. It is two slices. I forgot: mushroom gravy too!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Tonight I made my favorite snack food, saucisson en croûte, here better known as pigs in blankets. I used Johnsonville brats wrapped in Pepperidge Farm puff pastry sheets. I love my piggies with spicy horesradish mustard and a cold beer. I don't eat these more often than once a month, because I'm very health-conscious.

hotwheels

brucered

System Generated
I'm not a fan of traditional pigs in a blanket with standard Weiner's.....but those smokey type ones may be worth me trying.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Tonight I made my favorite snack food, saucisson en croûte, here better known as pigs in blankets. I used Johnsonville brats wrapped in Pepperidge Farm puff pastry sheets. I love my piggies with spicy horesradish mustard and a cold beer. I don't eat these more often than once a month, because I'm very health-conscious.

hotwheels

Try some Lottie's hot pepper sauce. It is a mustard based hot sauce and is perfect with sausages.

I've been watching "Masterchef" again and Chicken Ballotines seem to be quite popular so I decided to give it a try. I followed a recipe from BBC Food quite closely...

Filling: took th emeat off two drumsticks and chopped it finely, and with a half a clove of garlic also chopped finely, briefly fried it off in a little EVOO. 100g packet of spinach leaves into salted boiling water for a few mins and then drained it off and squeezed all the water out. Put this, the chicken and about 75g of Ricotta cheese into a bowl and seasoned with S&P. Blitz it with a handblender until nice and smooth.

Chicken breast skinned and boned, flatten out between cling film. season with S&P, and add the filling, then roll into a sausage tightly wrapped in cling film. Knot up the ends.

I had some chicken stock in the freezer and used this to simmer the sausages for about 30 mins.

I used the pan I fried up the chicken in to make a sauce: in with the other half a clove of garlic, and a couple of glasses of Chardonnay, reduced down till quite thick and in with about a cupfull of the stock, reduced that again and put some fresh tarragon in. Once it was thick enough I finished it with a large dollop of creme fraiche.

Took the sausages out of the stock and unwrapped them - tricky job without burning one's fingers! Melted a little butter in a clean saute pan and briefly fried them to get a little colour and voila!

impressive and delicious!

brucered

System Generated
Oh no you didn't Bruce. How about the bread? Just beautiful!!!
Wife made it all from scratch....I just took the pic and ate it :lol:

After having homemade pitas, we couldn't put the lamb on store bought. Like almost everything, there is no comparison to made from scratch.

Top Bottom