What's new

what would you like to receive as a present?

I am asking for Hattori chef knives and colognes. I am wanting to get rid of my wusthof classic knives and replacing them with hand made japanese damascus knives. And I would like some quality loose leaf tea.

THE ONLY thing I wanted this Christmas was....

The B&B 2006 commemorative brush.

...but I guess I wont be getting that now, will I ??! :wink:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I guess there are a lot of things that I would want, but I can honestly report that at this point in my life, there's nothing that I need. :redface:

ouch

I do like the KD series but I just don't see paying that much for knives I use at work. I feel the HD line is more practical incase someone trys to use my knives improperly.

Good point. I would also suggest you look at the Tojiro DP series. Far and away the best bang for the buck in the world of knives. Very inexpensive, and they will embarrass all but the very best kitchen knives.

Good point. I would also suggest you look at the Tojiro DP series. Far and away the best bang for the buck in the world of knives. Very inexpensive, and they will embarrass all but the very best kitchen knives.

Going to look these up...in the market for some new knives as well.

Their HD series is terrific, but as long as you're dreaming........go with the KD series!

http://www.japanesechefsknife.com/KDSeries.html#WIDTH: 368px; HEIGHT: 258px

:thumbup1:

Hmm.... They are pretty, but as far as I can tell, kind of like a Rolex - most of the cost is for aesthetics.... I mean, I love the look of damascus, but I'm not sure I'm going to pay for it just so my kitchen knives can look prettier. After all, the working part of the blade is not damascus, that is just added on either side for looks.

-Mo

A New, Old Stock (NOS) Easton EC30 1" threadless fork for my bicycle. I'm not even sure if any more exist in NOS condition.

May I ask why you want a NOS if they're still being made? I'm a cyclist too (Cannondale R5000 with some upgrades); I could talk all day about bikes and would indeed like some new parts and clothing for the bike for the holidays.

ouch

Hmm.... They are pretty, but as far as I can tell, kind of like a Rolex - most of the cost is for aesthetics.... I mean, I love the look of damascus, but I'm not sure I'm going to pay for it just so my kitchen knives can look prettier. After all, the working part of the blade is not damascus, that is just added on either side for looks.

-Mo

This is one of the few cases in which the looks are backed by performance. The "working part of the blade" is cowry-x, some mighty fine material for knives.

Of course, there is a point of diminishing returns. I would also hate to have these beauties in a professional kitchen- hate to see them get banged up.

Their HD line is terrific, much less expensive, and great for home use. Others to consider would be Masamoto's VG-10 series, Nenox, or Misono, all very fine products.

This is one of the few cases in which the looks are backed by performance. The "working part of the blade" is cowry-x, some mighty fine material for knives.

Oh, I don't doubt that. I'm not questioning the cowry-x, which, if strangely named, is mighty fine. I'm just saying that it is worth considering that a lot of what you are paying for is the damascus, which is, as far as I can tell, basically decorative.

-Mo

Top Bottom