What's new

what would you like to receive as a present?

So, what is on your holiday wish-list this year? Clothes, shaving things, accessories, fragrances, acts of depravity, etc...what do you want to get and have you dropped any hints to SWMBO?

H/SWMBO to cover all possible bases :biggrin:

I'd like a private Island. :biggrin:

How bout you?

I would not turn a private island down, but I'm after what would you like "within reason," e.g. what is possible of your S or HWMBO. And if "private island" fits that bill, then kudos to you, you are a lucky man.

So, what is on your holiday wish-list this year? Clothes, shaving things, accessories, fragrances, acts of depravity, etc...what do you want to get and have you dropped any hints to SWMBO?

H/SWMBO to cover all possible bases :biggrin:

Well....since you are in Brooklyn, how about a pastrami sandwich from Katz's Deli.:drool:
DJ.

Who said anything about offering?! Sheesh... :p

Ok fine...forget this thread. I should have known better than to try to limit responses to "reasonable." What fun is that anyway?

Carry on. :)

Honestly, I don't really care that much about gifts... Maybe it's partially because in truth I'd rather choose the things in my house myself and not have to deal with the innevitable gift that you just really don't like but don't want to get rid of for fear of offending the giver.

As for the hints to SWMBO, well don't have anything coming close to a SWMBO, so no.

Well....since you are in Brooklyn, how about a pastrami sandwich from Katz's Deli.:drool:
DJ.

I've been meaning to go there for ages. I prefer corned beef, myself. My girlfriend has a fondness for chopped liver.... (yes yes, I know.... :rolleyes: ).

-Mo

I've been meaning to go there for ages. I prefer corned beef, myself. My girlfriend has a fondness for chopped liver.... (yes yes, I know.... :rolleyes: ).

-Mo

:eek: :biggrin: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am not touching this.... :001_rolle

Sue, who has cheap red wine all over her monitor again..... :blush:

Oh, about the actually question....

No I have not dropped hints. she keeps asking for them. But I just don't really know. There's not much I want, that is reasonable to get, that is. I just say all I want is her, but she does not believe me. Even though it is true.

I really don't want shaving stuff.... Yes I said it. I am kinda trying to cut down. There are only a couple more things a want. And I kinda like picking it out myself.

I could use a new watch. But rediculous as it is, I kinda want a nice one, and I don't want to ask someone else to spend that much money on me. Not sure what exactly I'm looking for there anyway.

I want a Feathercraft folding kayak. But see above re the watch (only more expensive). Maybe if I get a boat, she could buy me that paddle?

Maybe a nice teapot?

I don't know. Having her come home with me for Christmas is all the present I could want.

On the unreasonable front. :biggrin: :

1) 1965 Mustang couple. Poppy red. Black and white interior. A/C package. stripped front suspension, with aftermarket A-arm independent setup. Stripped engine and tranny, replace with modern 4.6 liter 300hp unit they are putting in the new Mustangs, with 5-speed manual. Run this to 17inch wheels, in the D-spoke pattern that was used on the Shelby's. Cross-braced undercarriage. High-back bucket seats from the '69. Recovered in leather, but colors to match the original interior. Four-point harness, since airbags won't really work. Oh, and the Diamond Audio hex front speakers, and MB quart component rears, with Infinity aluminum sub, off a PPI amp rig that is in boxes in the basement back home installed. That would do it.

Oh, and a parking place. That should only cost a little more than the car.... (not that if I had that car built up, I would EVER let it see a Manhattan street).

2) Private Island. Yeah, that works. Johnny Depp is the man, for being about the only movie star I've heard of who actually dumped his money into an enormous and secluded English estate, and, yes, a private island.

3) Spain. The unrest in the northeast is problematic. But it is a pretty country, and I like the wine.

-Mo

You can still get private islands for under $3 million in Central America! At least that's what they advertise online. Who really knows. I went thru a phase with private islands where I was researching them on the internet all the time. I found one off the coast of Nicaragua. It came with its own power generator, a dock and included motoboat, and a "servant's quarters" which was a good size house of its own!

Ahhhh to dream....

I want a Feathercraft folding kayak.

Excellent choice :thumbup1:

proxy.php

Excellent choice :thumbup1:

I did not notice before that your boat was a feather. You like it then? given my current living situation in the city, it would be GREAT to have one of these. I could manage to carry myself, my boat, and my gear all at once, on the subway (not easily, but I am pretty sure it could be done). If only they were not so bloody expensive.

I always wonder if the paddle as well and fast as a glass hull boat.... But I've had people swear they are actually better....

-Mo

I did not notice before that your boat was a feather. You like it then? given my current living situation in the city, it would be GREAT to have one of these. I could manage to carry myself, my boat, and my gear all at once, on the subway (not easily, but I am pretty sure it could be done). If only they were not so bloody expensive.

I always wonder if the paddle as well and fast as a glass hull boat.... But I've had people swear they are actually better....

-Mo

A folding kayak was pretty much my only choice as well. No kayak storage in my building. :mad: I did quite a bit of extensive research and came to conclusion feathercraft was the best. That model there is a "Big Kahuna", same as "Kahuna" but with a bigger cockpit: made for people over 6' tall.

I wouldn't call them faster....per say. But what I would say is that you get knocked around less with these as opposed to hard-shell kayak because these blend better with the water and absorb the sea extremely well. So, if you are racing someone in a hard-shell kayak and the water is very choppy, you'd win in a feathercraft. I like the feel you have in this kayak. Hard to describe, you just feel like you're "one" with the water. That sounds bad, but its true.

A New, Old Stock (NOS) Easton EC30 1" threadless fork for my bicycle. I'm not even sure if any more exist in NOS condition.

Top Bottom