What's new

What would be the slickest soap ever?

Vitos green was slick and had good cushion. Slickest ever? I dont know. I havnet seen any around for awhile. There is/was? a red version too but l never tried it.

What would be the slickest soap ever, the one so slippery that your razor slides under the sink, you just can't hold the brush if some soap gets on the handle? :straight:
All soaps when properly worked will indeed reach that desired slickness we crave. I use shea butter pre shave. Your greased skin then gets a slick soap coating. Now you got a fast slick lather accelerating a very sharp blade.

Of the ones that I've tried so far: House of Mammoth, Zingari Man, Barrister and Mann and Wholly Kaw are the slickest and most protective. Løthur and Gentleman's Nod are up there too, but I'm still evaluating them. Fwiw, only higher end soaps seem to work well for me so definitely ymmv.

It's not a soap, but the slickest product I've ever used is Cremo cream. I don't use it often, but it's the only thing that will cause me to lose my grip on the razor.

I rarely need the ultimate in slickness though so I don't use it very often. It is my go-to when I don't have time for bowl lathering.

Top Bottom