What's new

What was the single best purchase a forum member convinced you of?

I have to say a Merkut Slant with a feather razor (which was way too sharp on my other razors). Just the best thing since slived butter....for headshaving.

@Polarbeard got me started collecting Klas Tornblom razors. That first one was so fine I now have 13 of them. @rockviper sold me on Feather AC SS (The Batman) shavette I've never regretted pulling the trigger there either.

@Polarbeard got me started collecting Klas Tornblom razors. That first one was so fine I now have 13 of them. @rockviper sold me on Feather AC SS (The Batman) shavette I've never regretted pulling the trigger there either.

Hello Rich,
I'm glad that you still like them. You have about as many Törnblom as I do. Most often small, hard steel, ultra hollow ground and magnificent craftsmanship. They seem to gently in a ghostly manner move around the face almost by themselves leaving no stubble standing but deeply buried into the follicles waiting for as long as they can before trying to once again raising trembling with horror.

Razorock Wunderbar Slant. No need to look any further at other razors. Could have saved a lot of money buying this one first.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Feather straights, both Kamisori and Folding and the Feather blades. I seldom use them but when I do, the shaves are CLOSE!

Hello Rich,
I'm glad that you still like them. You have about as many Törnblom as I do. Most often small, hard steel, ultra hollow ground and magnificent craftsmanship. They seem to gently in a ghostly manner move around the face almost by themselves leaving no stubble standing but deeply buried into the follicles waiting for as long as they can before trying to once again raising trembling with horror.

I have to find a Tornblom after four CV Heljstrand and a Jernbolaget.

It wasnt a single razor it was the encouragement of all members to just pick one and have a go....a Dovo Carre was my first, purchased used and still as sharp as the day it arrived.

@rockviper got me into straights, but @Polarbeard has so many impressive CVH, that I picked up my MK31. Best purchase ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmm @skypsyd has told me that I'm a true Enabler, I never meant to be. Well as long as my scribblings hasn't done any harm, but just good I guess it's something positive. I'm still convinced that the CVH 31, well honed and in able hands, might be the best razor ever made. It makes me truly happy that you like yours.:c9:

I have gotten quite a few things with suggestions: EJ 89, Dirty Bird Scuttle, Sudsy Soapery, L&L, Tallow & Steel, but the biggest is on the way now a Timeless Razor. @dfoulk let me be a member of a passaround for this and I completed a purchase just the other day.

The best suggestion was to get into wet shaving because "I"d save so much money"

I'm now flat broke with a nice collection of straights...

Top Bottom