What's new

What TV series you watching?

Started watching Dark Matter and Monarch: Legacy of Monsters. I really enjoyed the Dark Matter book, and was excited to see Crouch was also heavily involved in the show. Though I am wondering if there's much reason for me to continue watching it since I have read the book already.
Monarch seemed interesting, though I don't really know much about the subject matter in general. The effects are crazy good, at least in episode 1 so far. I'll probably continue it.
SO I just realized that Monarch is connected to several movies that I haven't seen (or forgot about). Then discovered that those movies are mostly on streaming platforms I don't own. This is one of the things I really do NOT enjoy about the way streaming has evolved. Needing multiple subscriptions for the same "universe" is great for everyone except the viewer. I may drop this show just because of that scenario.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
SO I just realized that Monarch is connected to several movies that I haven't seen (or forgot about). Then discovered that those movies are mostly on streaming platforms I don't own. This is one of the things I really do NOT enjoy about the way streaming has evolved. Needing multiple subscriptions for the same "universe" is great for everyone except the viewer. I may drop this show just because of that scenario.
I don't worry about it. If there is some nuance that is gleaned from another connected movie or series that I don't watch, I'm happily ignorant of that nuance.

Legion

Staff member
Introducing my kid to The Young Ones. It maybe hasn't dated too well, but it still makes me laugh.

the-young-ones.jpg

We finished A Man in Full. I thought it was decent.

[The following was added after original post.] Jeff Daniels was great in the lead role.

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
I’ve watched the first two episodes of season 2, Interview with a vampire. So far, this season seem better written and more interesting than season 1.

Surprisingly entertaining; it is a slow build through the first couple of episodes, but they are developing the characters and the investment pays off.

Catch me a Killer. Set in South Africa it's based on Micki Pristorius who was South Africa's first profiler. Pretty interesting. She came to the fore in the early 90's. From her bio she's a bit of a polymath. One of those people that's accomplished so much in her life that she makes me feel like a bum.

Rewatching The Bridge from 2013-2014. Filmed in El Paso and Juarez. Two places I used to hang around when I was stationed at Holloman AFB in the early 70s. Wouldn't go to J town now if you paid me. They'll kidnap you now and if you have no family, they'll let you out of the car...at 50 mph!

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Am enjoying Masters of the Air, couple more episodes to go. Earlier this year I watched the first season of True Detective and enjoyed it. Also am slowly working my way through Arrested Development.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I’ve watched the first two episodes of season 2, Interview with a vampire. So far, this season seem better written and more interesting than season 1.
I'm curious about this one. Read the book for the first time last fall when I visited New Orleans, saw the 1990's Tom Cruise/Brad Pitt film in the theater back in the day.

I'm curious about this one. Read the book for the first time last fall when I visited New Orleans, saw the 1990's Tom Cruise/Brad Pitt film in the theater back in the day.
I devoured the book when it first came out in the late 70s. I tried season 1 of the series but was disappointed it was not the same characters or story.

Top Bottom