What's new

What TV series you watching?

Finally finished Foundation Season 2. I'll really enjoyed the season, and the series, but the final episode felt very rushed. I did hear that they will do a 3rd season, so I'll look forward to that. And I look forward to picking up the book(s?) in the near future as well.
I think up next will be Dark Matter. I really enjoyed the book, so look forward to seeing the adaptation. Then either pick up Monarch, Silo, or For All Mankind. Only issue with the later is I'm not sure I have enough time to get through all of the episodes before my free trial ends.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Just finished Sugar Season 1. Liked it a lot.

It fell off a cliff for me. I was enjoying it and I like Collin as an actor. I think he fit that role well.

but when it was revealed he was an alien and they were all aliens……at that moment I gave up. Only kept watching cause there was a couple episodes left. IDK why they had to do that. So dumb IMO

It fell off a cliff for me.

To be fair, it (or some sort of similar metaphysical-type twist) was flagged from the first episode and then built through to the reveal, so (in my view) it wasn't a shark jumping moment. I also thought the production, particularly the camera and lighting were superb, and the performances all solid. My only gripe was that the cinephilia was not developed as strongly through the later episodes as they reverted to more traditional plot devices. Missed opportunity, or undelivered promise, I thought.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
To be fair, it (or some sort of similar metaphysical-type twist) was flagged from the first episode and then built through to the reveal, so (in my view) it wasn't a shark jumping moment. I also thought the production, particularly the camera and lighting were superb, and the performances all solid. My only gripe was that the cinephilia was not developed as strongly through the later episodes as they reverted to more traditional plot devices. Missed opportunity, or undelivered promise, I thought.

I must have missed the foreshadowing. The moment of the big reveal I rolled my eyes and groaned. It ruined it for me. I liked the noir vibe and detective talking to himself (via keeping a journal). I doubt I’ll watch a season 2 if there is one.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Professor T, streaming on PBS Masterpiece through Amazon Prime.

It is a British crime drama series starring Ben Miller as Professor Jasper Tempest, a genius University of Cambridge criminologist with obsessive compulsive disorder. Well written, well acted. A thinking man’s Monk.

IMG_1309.jpeg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Binge watching Sergeant Preston of the Yukon.
A series about a Canadian Mountie starring an American actor, filmed in Colorado, and frequently featuring an Italian fellow who claimed to be Native American his entire adult life.

1000001642.jpg

Binge watching Sergeant Preston of the Yukon.
A series about a Canadian Mountie starring an American actor, filmed in Colorado, and frequently featuring an Italian fellow who claimed to be Native American his entire adult life.

View attachment 1848799
I watched this growing up and enjoyed it. Years later there was a different version; all I remember is that the Mountie's husky was named Diefenbaker.

Started watching Dark Matter and Monarch: Legacy of Monsters. I really enjoyed the Dark Matter book, and was excited to see Crouch was also heavily involved in the show. Though I am wondering if there's much reason for me to continue watching it since I have read the book already.
Monarch seemed interesting, though I don't really know much about the subject matter in general. The effects are crazy good, at least in episode 1 so far. I'll probably continue it.

Top Bottom