What's new

What to do with $150 at TAOS

Here is what I would do in no order what so ever.

1. Royal Shave $55 It's a nice 45min to 1 hour shave and face massage and the whole works.
2. Razors. They carry DE razors. My store has the Merkur Progress. Maybe pick it up as a chance to see if you like adjustables. Can be sold for close to value if you don't like it.
3. Sell the gift cards. Can probably get 85-90% face value.

$150 is just shy of 1/2 of their 5/8 TI rams horn. I have a few razors in my stable and this one is still my favorite overall. It has the grelot shape, but in 5/8 which is nice (C135 steel). The blade has a satin finish, which though I like mirrored honestly is an afterthought. The balance with the scales is superb, and the craftsmanship on mine is second to none. It may be a bit pricey for what it is based on what we all know TIs go for (although they certainly can be WAY more expensive as well). My scales are a dark horn with a couple streaks of blonde in them. Beautiful. Overall worth every penny to me, and it is my go-to razor when I just want to have a good 'ol time shaving.

I went with the R89 Grande, and I sprung for the rose gold because it was a gift, so I figured I'd treat myself to something I wouldn't ordinarily buy for myself. I also bought a stand, and I ordered the silvertip rose gold brush elsewhere (TAOS doesn't carry the silvertip in rose gold). A tub each of TOBS and TH almond creams, an alum block, and a bottle of TOBS bay rum, and I'm loving my morning shave.

A couple of days ago, I also ordered a bottle of Captain's Choice Cat and Ogallala's bay rum and lime, both of which I've sampled and enjoyed.

Next object-of-desire: a good scuttle, probably either Georgetown or Dirty Bird.

I went with the R89 Grande, and I sprung for the rose gold because it was a gift, so I figured I'd treat myself to something I wouldn't ordinarily buy for myself. I also bought a stand, and I ordered the silvertip rose gold brush elsewhere (TAOS doesn't carry the silvertip in rose gold). A tub each of TOBS and TH almond creams, an alum block, and a bottle of TOBS bay rum, and I'm loving my morning shave.

A couple of days ago, I also ordered a bottle of Captain's Choice Cat and Ogallala's bay rum and lime, both of which I've sampled and enjoyed.

Next object-of-desire: a good scuttle, probably either Georgetown or Dirty Bird.

nice haul!!

Nice choices!

For the scuttle Dirty Bird is great, she is willing to make them exactly how you want and very nice to deal with.

Hah when I saw AOS spelled TAOS on this thread the first thing that came to mind was "It's spelled TAKOS. The S is silent"

From one rosegold owner to another... Nice haul!

Top Bottom