What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Fordfather

Staff member
OK, I apologize guys.

I saw that that razor on EBay that was so outrageous I had to post it up as a joke.

However, in a Brian Williams like episode, I have fabricated the story that I shaved with that razor. I don't even own it. Nor was my shave den hit by an RPG fired by radical Gillette Mach 3 cartridge fundamentalists while completing my ATG pass, knocking over my bottle of Lilac Vegetal, which I also don't own...

I thought it was a well known fraud of a razor, and as such would be recognized for its outlandish "Sweeney Todd" style and laughed at out of hand.

Sorry for the confusion.
Dude.....That's a serious offense. You may have to use a Cart for a week to repent! ;)

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423716295.810779.jpg

Mk32... Still one of the best shaves anyone can have

I can hear you all screaming heresy all the way across the Atlantic. Even so I really like this sharp Japanese lady no matter what you classify her as. We have a long history together. What I can't understand though is that I sometimes read posts where people suggests the Feather as a good first straight razor. IMHO it's a great razor but also very unforgiving compared to an ordinary straight.$uploadfromtaptalk1423719361431.jpg

Last edited:
I can hear you all screaming heresy all the way across the Atlantic. Even so I really like this sharp Japanese lady no matter what you classify her as. We have a long history together. What I can't understand though is that I sometimes read posts where people suggests the Feather as a good first straight razor. IMHO it's a great razor but also very unforgiving compared to an ordinary straight.View attachment 548203

Why would this be heresy?

Shaving with a Feather takes guts and good technique. It can give some of the best shaves out there, and if not handled correctly, some of the worst.

Why would this be heresy?

Shaving with a Feather takes guts and good technique. It can give some of the best shaves out there, and if not handled correctly, some of the worst.
I couldn´t agree more, but I guess there are some that wouldn´t consider it to be an appropriate straight razor. However I do and I find it to be a very fine razor. I just stroke my chin and ten hours after shaving I can just begin to feel my stubble. The only thing I have against it is that it, like so many other Japanese products, is made to be very functional without caring too much about design. Even so given the shaves it gives me I wouldn´t mind if it looked like a Japanese car from the 1970:ies.

I can hear you all screaming heresy all the way across the Atlantic. Even so I really like this sharp Japanese lady no matter what you classify her as. We have a long history together. What I can't understand though is that I sometimes read posts where people suggests the Feather as a good first straight razor. IMHO it's a great razor but also very unforgiving compared to an ordinary straight.View attachment 548203

I actually like the looks of it alot and I personally consider it straight shaving, there are no safeties on that razor.

$DSCF0201.jpg

Used Tabac for the first time this morning! Reminds me of the South of France somehow! Maybe a little too flowery but otherwise very nice.

I got bit by my Kikuboshi however, a barely visible but still there hairline nick.

OK, I apologize guys.

I saw that that razor on EBay that was so outrageous I had to post it up as a joke.

However, in a Brian Williams like episode, I have fabricated the story that I shaved with that razor. I don't even own it. Nor was my shave den hit by an RPG fired by radical Gillette Mach 3 cartridge fundamentalists while completing my ATG pass, knocking over my bottle of Lilac Vegetal, which I also don't own...

I thought it was a well known fraud of a razor, and as such would be recognized for its outlandish "Sweeney Todd" style and laughed at out of hand.

Sorry for the confusion.
Actually, I'd like to propose a Sweeney Todd hone out challenge.
I remember reading on Amazon a review from someone claiming he manage to hone that thing and was happy with the shave. I kinda doubt it to be possible considering the steel used, but I'd love to be proven wrong. Pimping out gold dollar is already fun, think of the possibilities those humongous things offer.
I have one at home, I might give it try this weekend.

Top Bottom