What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Actually, I'd like to propose a Sweeney Todd hone out challenge.
I remember reading on Amazon a review from someone claiming he manage to hone that thing and was happy with the shave. I kinda doubt it to be possible considering the steel used, but I'd love to be proven wrong. Pimping out gold dollar is already fun, think of the possibilities those humongous things offer.
I have one at home, I might give it try this weekend.

If we don't hear from you come Monday, we'll send help!

Twinwork #53
$2015_02_12.jpg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Actually, I'd like to propose a Sweeney Todd hone out challenge.
I remember reading on Amazon a review from someone claiming he manage to hone that thing and was happy with the shave. I kinda doubt it to be possible considering the steel used, but I'd love to be proven wrong. Pimping out gold dollar is already fun, think of the possibilities those humongous things offer.
I have one at home, I might give it try this weekend.

It would be interesting, but just hone a knife - that seems to be what they and similar "objects" really are, razor-shaped knives. IOW no spine as we know it. If you can freehand well enough, it would probably shave but who knows how long. I can tell you that with skill and practice, you can hone up a Shigefusa or Takeda kitchen knife well enough to shave, but it isn't a very good shave.

BTW, avoid anything that has the word "knife" in the description if you want a razor.

Cheers, Steve

Last edited:
Very nice shave this morning. IIRC, I believe this to be one of Doc's outstanding edges.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1423764750252.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1423764750252.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 87
Last day with the Germans for this round. 4/8" A. Witte Gold Bug. Hey, they all can't be pretty or big or expensive and it is proof that I am not completely Witte-less. ( I hope it is pronounced that way!)
$104_1530.jpg

Top Bottom