What's new

What shavette to pair these blades with?

@albsat Have you tried the Chinese 77 blade on other razors as well?

I was reading in this forum some users who tried the experience of those blades with other razors for example the Sedef Turkish razor.

@albsat Have you tried the Chinese 77 blade on other razors as well?

I was reading in this forum some users who tried the experience of those blades with other razors for example the Sedef Turkish razor.
Yes. I have tried it in a Turkish shavette myself. It works really nice too. But you must be very careful with half blade insert in the razor. Fai attenzione.

Attachments

• PXL_20240321_062958404.jpg
    PXL_20240321_062958404.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20240321_063742578.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    PXL_20240321_063742578.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    779.1 KB · Views: 8

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Will the Chinese have cloned Nikky blades for Ac blade as well?

See here

For cheaper Ac blades ahahahaha
I have the guarded version of those blades, but I've never tried the unguarded ones. And on modification of the type 77 to use the hair shaper blades. I can get them to fit but it doesn't take much for the blade to move. It's really unstable this was the best fit I could get.

20240427_213118.jpg

I have the guarded version of those blades, but I've never tried the unguarded ones.
Didn't I ask are the guarded blades always the same package with Nikky Proshave written on it?
Could you post a picture to see if they are original or have some more information about them?

I think the Nikky blades are made in Japan.
If they are them how do you find these AC blades?

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Unfortunately I only have the blades lose as the despenser was faulty and I had to bust it open to get the blades out. If you scroll down to the bottom of your link you'll find the blades there.

The guarded blades are often sold with the unguarded ones, which makes me think they're from the same manufacturers.

Here's the guarded blades

20240428_091852.jpg

Hope this helps.

I took a look at the SapphooStore store on Aliexpress.

2024-04-28 120321.png

Curiously I discovered they have two variants of Nikki blades of which one in the description says "Japanese Original Blade" costs a bit more than the other containing always 24 AC blades.

2024-04-28 120519.png

Very well stocked the store also has eyebrow razor blades.

2024-04-28 120230.png

I already have several Feather Professional Artist Club SS blades for that.

Instead for the razor that mounts Chinese Antelope 77 type blades what brand do you recommend I buy?
Cloud long blades or Rhinoceros blades?

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I already have several Feather Professional Artist Club SS blades for that.

Instead for the razor that mounts Chinese Antelope 77 type blades what brand do you recommend I buy?
Cloud long blades or Rhinoceros blades?
Personally I prefer the Rhino blades, I think they are slightly sharper than the clouds.

Thank you for your advice.

I didn't realize that the Chinese shavette is also sold with Rhinoceros blades so I will try those.

I don't use shavette often unlike DE razor, with shavette and Feather artist every now and then I get a few cuts,so I will be afraid to try the shavette Chinese with long blade the first time,I will proceed with short passes very slowly hoping I like it.

If I am comfortable with it later get the Cloud blade.
Of the Chinese type 77 and hair shaper razor blades, it seems to me there are few manufacturers to choose from? I think only Cloud and Rhinoceros.

I will try both of the razors you recommended with the included blade and let you know how I find them.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Those corrugated "eyebrow" blades are copies of the Feather special cut blades, for their Feather Custom razor. They are similar to the Weck/Personna blades but but a little thinner. You can get Chinese special cut blades in knock off Feather packaging.
1714314144838.png

The Nikky blades are available where I live and I think they are interchangeable with Weck/Personna blades.
To make matters more confusing, due to only there being a small difference the Feather Special cut and Weck blades, it seems the companies that make the holders can make the essentially the same model but take either of those blades.
(Note: I do not own any of the razors or blades at the moment, but I plan on getting some next year)

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Thank you for your advice.

I didn't realize that the Chinese shavette is also sold with Rhinoceros blades so I will try those.

I don't use shavette often unlike DE razor, with shavette and Feather artist every now and then I get a few cuts,so I will be afraid to try the shavette Chinese with long blade the first time,I will proceed with short passes very slowly hoping I like it.

If I am comfortable with it later get the Cloud blade.
Of the Chinese type 77 and hair shaper razor blades, it seems to me there are few manufacturers to choose from? I think only Cloud and Rhinoceros.

I will try both of the razors you recommended with the included blade and let you know how I find them.

Thanks again.
Just another note incase it helps.

The Clouds and Rhino's are different.
With the Clouds blades being almost half the width of the Rhino's. But you can still use both blades in either razor.

If you get a razor made to fit the Cloud blades, you just need to snap the Rhino blades in half and they fit perfectly.

If you get the razor for the Rhino blades, the Clouds will fit with no modifications.

If you get a razor made to fit the Cloud blades, you just need to snap the Rhino blades in half and they fit perfectly.

If you get the razor for the Rhino blades, the Clouds will fit with no modifications.

Excuse me but now I am a little confused.

To clarify I'm going to buy this razor, Feather custom razor type blades are pretty common and easy to get, I would find them in my city stores.

2024-04-28 165820.png

If I understand correctly this razor would also accept broken blades like 77 Chinese.

And I will order this Chinese razor with Rhinoceros blade included.

2024-04-28 165839.png

Now without having the razor and blades I wouldn't know the difference of the blades and how to modify them, nor which razors are for Rhino and which are suitable for Cloud.

However, I will place the order tonight and it will be a while yet before I can experiment with them.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Those razors are made for the Rhino blades that come with them. If you buy the Cloud blades and the razor together, the Rhino blades would need to be snapped in half to fit into the Cloud blade razor.

Edit
I'm sorry I don't know anything about the Feather.

My doubt was only about the Chinese shavette, now all clear.
Ok I ordered both of those razors.
A friend of mine who tried it says the blade dances inside the razor, but it is a different model I think the all-steel one that always accepts Chinese long blades, he was telling me that it tightens the clamp but doesn't hold tightened the blade inside.

He said he got rid of it he can't remember what he did with it but he doesn't have it anymore.
So I would like to try this nice Chinese shavette with long blades and since I made these purchases I also bought the AC blades with guard for my two shavette clones also Chinese.

IMG_20240428_175041.jpg

Top Bottom