What's new

What shavette to pair these blades with?

I bought this shaping razor along with these Nikky Platinum blades years ago but they are still good.

IMG_20240421_140256.jpg

Could you recommend a good shavette razor for me to use them on?
On the Dovo shavette could they fit?

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
They look like the Personna blades I use in Weck razors. Try just slotting the blades into the razor. I remove the comb and shave with just the razor and the bare blade.

If the blades don't fit I would have a look on ebay for Weck razors. You can use the Sextoblade and hair shaper to shave with.

Yes they are exactly them,the same long blade as the Personna for shavette razor.
I don't like to use the hair shaper to shave,
A couple of times I tried after removing the comb to use that shaping razor to shave but I can't.
It would take a serious razor like a Dovo shavette or Sextoblade, Bantam that accept those blades.
In the U.S. do any online stores sell Sextoblade weck razors than more information or guidance on them?

Last edited:

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I don't think the Weck razors are made anymore, although there are razors made that accept that type of blade, I've seen some on Aliexpress. There is a way to modify the combs so they can be used to shave with, you can find out how if you read through the Weck Wednesday thread on here on B&B. As said I got my Wecks on ebay. There is quite a few for sale and most are in good condition.

Is it possible to have a link to get an idea of the type of razor?

Some time ago I had seen shavette on Aliexpress but they only accept Chinese long blades that you can only buy from the same marketplace.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Is it possible to have a link to get an idea of the type of razor?

Some time ago I had seen shavette on Aliexpress but they only accept Chinese long blades that you can only buy from the same marketplace.
I'm sorry I don't know how to post links 😔. If you search, Eye Brow Shaper, on Aliexpress you'll find the razors. I'm not sure if the blades that fit those are the same as the Personna Hair shaper blades, that fit in the Wecks though.

Here is the link.

Click

However I am not so sure this razor works with Persona Hair shaper blades. So try and let us know.

If you want my suggestions better try also a Feather/Kai clone razor from the same store or use the A77 blade shavette (excellent and cheap blade format) on this link here (click)

It wouldn't cost more than 25 usd for both of them.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
If you give me a couple of hours I'll be home and could check for you as I have both.

Edit.

Sorry I thought you meant the 77 type razor, not the other one. But I'll check the Personna Hair Shaper blades to see if they fit the 77.

If you give me a couple of hours I'll be home and could check for you as I have both.

Edit.

Sorry I thought you meant the 77 type razor, not the other one. But I'll check the Personna Hair Shaper blades to see if they fit the 77.
Yes, I meant whether these kinds of razors would also fit the Chinese 77 halved blades.

It would be nice to try the razor with different blades as well.

Here is the link.

Click

However I am not so sure this razor works with Persona Hair shaper blades. So try and let us know.

If you want my suggestions better try also a Feather/Kai clone razor
The Feather AC clone I already have.
I also have the type of blades that appear in the picture in the link showing the razor, I believe it would also fit Nikky Platinum and Personna blades for Hair Sharper.

Those are compatible blades.
I will buy that razor,thanks for your advice.

IMG_2024042 .jpg

or use the A77 blade shavette (excellent and cheap blade format) on this link here (click)

It wouldn't cost more than 25 usd for both of them.
Is the handle of the Chinese razor that mounts type 77 blade good shaving?
Do you own a copy and use it?

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I also have the type of blades that appear in the picture in the link showing the razor, I believe it would also fit Nikky Platinum and Personna blades for Hair Sharper.

View attachment 1836456

For me the 77 blades were my favourite. They are longer than the AC blades, and I find them sharper and just as smooth.

But since trying the hair shapers they've become my go to style of blades. For me they are just a tad sharper but still as smooth, while being a bit longer and very ridged.

View attachment 1836456

The handle of the A77 razor is very good in my opinion and it costs less than 3 usd. I have a copy and it is a nice shaver.

By the way, where did you buy that pink scale razor with Nikky Platinum blades? What is the name of the brand?

For me the 77 blades were my favourite. They are longer than the AC blades, and I find them sharper and just as smooth.

But since trying the hair shapers they've become my go to style of blades. For me they are just a tad sharper but still as smooth, while being a bit longer and very ridged.
100 A77 blades cost 10 usd. How much do 100 blades of Ac feather blade cost? About 12x times more.

I had a Weck and I sold it. I regret that I did it. This last 2 months I am using only Shavettes and Sr razors and the only format that I don't have is a hair shaper razor.

By the way, where did you buy that pink scale razor with Nikky Platinum blades? What is the name of the brand?
I bought both the razor and the Nikky Platinum blades at a store that sells products for hairdressers and barbers.

It is just a common hair razor like many you can find on Aliexpress and in barber stores.
Has no brand if you mean the brand of the razor.

The handle is red in color,not pink.
On the blades I can't say anything, I just know that they are similar to the Personna Hair Sharper.
These Nikki Platinum blades can be found easily in Italy for sure, probably in Europe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom