What's new

What is your personal integrity worth?

As many have said, sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted, but I'm glad you found out before any lasting commitments were made. Life is far too short to have a partner who can't be trusted to do the right thing in a crisis. Don't ever settle.

If things are bad in the first few months when you are supposed to be in the "honeymoon period", especially things relating to honesty, walk away. I could have saved myself almost eight years of my life if I had realised this with my Ex. I think you have probably done the right thing.

Been there, done that. If you are the type of person who values integrity or has other important personal values, you will never establish a happy home with a partner who does not. The other factors that go into a happy relationship pale by comparison.

But keep your chin up, AntiqueHoosier. I found the right one after learning this lesson the hard way, and I hope you will, too.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
You might be able to salvage the relationship "IF" it is that important to you.

Not a chance but not totally bad advice perhaps for less drastic circumstances.

In the animal kingdom the Lioness protects her young against all odds... a Mother's natural instinct in most cases is to move mountains for her child... When a Man sees a Woman who has no regard for those truths and "medicates" her internal pain in an illegal fashion, that Man must suggest that he step aside and let those in the field of counseling help repair a broken family situation. I'm being kind and a Gentleman in discussing this but similar stories are aired daily on Springer & Maury.

Mike,

The saying, "beauty is skin deep-ugly is to the bone" could also apply to character traits such as inegrity, honesty etc.

Better to find out now. Never settle, never compromise your values.

Sue

After hearing your descriptions of her past, I knew she wasn't good enough for you and I don't write this as a joke either. It wasn't her past, but the way she described it that raised the red flag. My oldest daughter has commented that I need to check their foreheads for the scarlet "W"

You and I are somewhere around the same age and since we're among friends here, I don't mind saying that we can be somewhat vulnerable since middle aged and divorced was not something we planned for our futures.

You did the right thing.

Last edited:
If anyone is looking for integrity, I'm about to offer some up on the BST at a very fair price. I only have so much to go around, and it's NOS, so I'll take offers via PM. PayPal only please, no personal payments...

Dear God, you crack me up! Obligatory self-portrait: :lol::lol::lol:

Hey Monkey, is it still sealed? Will I have to take anti-rejection drugs after I get the surgery to replace my old, worn-out integrity?

:lol:

Sorry this one didn't work out, Mike.

You did the right thing. Issues such as this just don't change.

My thoughts mirror this post. :blush:

One thing I'll always remember my Dad telling me was, "If you can come home at night and look your family in the eye and know you've done the right thing, there is no price you can put on that".

Through some tough experiences at work (caught my boss stealing some serious money from the company to name one case) I have learned the importance of those words.

I have A VERY SERIOUS problem with people who are not honest. I will forgive and forget some people/things, but not a dishonest act. You did the right thing. :thumbup:

Dear God, you crack me up! Obligatory self-portrait: :lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

My thoughts mirror this post. :blush:

Yes and my (fillintheblank) made me a (fillintheblank). If I give her the yarn; will she make me one too?

You are all great Americans, especially you, Golden Monkey.

Seriously, excellent thread/advice.

Not a chance but not totally bad advice perhaps for less drastic circumstances.

In the animal kingdom the Lioness protects her young against all odds... a Mother's natural instinct in most cases is to move mountains for her child... When a Man sees a Woman who has no regard for those truths and "medicates" her internal pain in an illegal fashion, that Man must suggest that he step aside and let those in the field of counseling help repair a broken family situation. I'm being kind and a Gentleman in discussing this but similar stories are aired daily on Springer & Maury.

Amen. You don't want to be both boyfriend and counselor.

Yes and my (fillintheblank) made me a (fillintheblank). If I give her the yarn; will she make me one too?

You are all great Americans, especially you, Golden Monkey.

Seriously, excellent thread/advice.

Aw shucks, I'm just a guy, trying to get by. Nothing special about me, lol...well, except for my stunning head of hair and offbeat sense of humor...

Ahhh, but the crazy chicks are the most fun!
(Thank god I'm married now, I don't think I could handle the drama at my age anymore.)

Amen to that, my man, lol...I used to be the cook at The Gold Club, and let me tell you, having to listen to sob stories and drama from strippers trying to weasel a bit to eat out of you is almost...almost too much to deal with. But aaah, the things you could get in trade for a plate of fries...:blushing:

Top Bottom