What's new

What is your favorite beer??

My favourites are good quality European Pilseners like Pilsener Urquell from the Czech Republic or the great Alfa Pilsener from Holland (where I live).

The best of all however is the Abbey 'Tripel' still made by the monks of the Order of Cistercians of the Strict Observance of Westmalle in Belgium (a.k.a. Trappist monks). If there is any beer in heaven, this is what they drink. I cannot describe in words how good it is...

If a M3 and canned goo = Heineken, than a hand-made Solingen straight and any high quality English soap = Westmalle 'Tripel'. There is a difference between beer and beer, canned Heineken, Miller or any big brand canned goo, is not my definition of beer. Since I have the luxury of living only 40 km from Belgium, I do know what a good beer is supposed to taste like ;-)

http://www.trappistwestmalle.be/nl/page/tripel.aspx

8 dollar for a bottle of duvel? i like the stuf but at 6 euro's for a sixpack i already think its expensive :D (that would be about 9-10 dollar). A nice triple karmeliet or a la chouffe or maybe a Paulaner weis. are in my top list. However, if i have to go shop for drink alot night, beer is beer. (Heineken, Brand, Grolsh, Bavaria, Warsteiner)

8 dollars for Chimay (big bottle I'm hopeing). I brought up Duvel because I havent had it in a while for no good reason.

Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout by Great Divide Brewing Company is my favorite dark beer

Delirium Tremens is one of my favorite light beer

but none of them are as good as homebrew becuse you can customize it to your likeing.:drool:

Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
Chimay Bleue
Breckenridge Vanilla Porter
Young's Double Chocolate Stout
Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold
Starr Hill Pale Ale
Samuel Adams Boston Lager
Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen

I enjoy trying new things, as some of you also mentioned. Beer is something that varies on occasion. Blue Moon is one of my favorites to just sip and enjoy. Guinness is an amazing thick beer to enjoy with a hearty dinner. I've tried a few IPA's here and there and I like Thunderhead a lot. Generally, I don't drink anything with too much sugar content, especially so if I aim to get drunk (which I have seemed to steer away from lately). These days, I tend to enjoy a couple refreshing beers with my lovely girlfriend, whom actually enjoys them with me. :D

Beer is good, but some nice whiskey or rice wine is good from time to time, as well.

8 dollar for a bottle of duvel? i like the stuf but at 6 euro's for a sixpack i already think its expensive :D (that would be about 9-10 dollar). A nice triple karmeliet or a la chouffe or maybe a Paulaner weis. are in my top list. However, if i have to go shop for drink alot night, beer is beer. (Heineken, Brand, Grolsh, Bavaria, Warsteiner)

The $8.00 it's actually for the 750ml Chimay Bleue. They don't sell the small bottles around here.

I remember Brand. In high school we used to buy those at a liquor store that sold to minors, they were also the only place where you could get Brand. The white bottles were always a big hit for their unusualness. Tasted kind of skunky from what I remember though.

My fav 2 beers are Franziskaner and Konig Ludwig.

Anybody tried Lion Lager?, that was surprisingly good, not sure if its worth the price though.

Don't know if it immediately hits favorite status, but I just drank my first Avery Maharajah last night and was absolutley blown away. A truly great beer. Followed that with a Nostradamus belgian brown ale that was also excellent and am staring at some Stone Russian Imperial Stout waiting for it to be lunch time.

A question: I heard that Daniel Thwaites, a UK brewer, is going to be importing to America soon, if it hasn't arrived already. Anyone seen/tasted any here, draft or bottle? Any of our gang from the UK have an opinion on the Thwaites line?

Cheers,
Chris

Shiner.

European beer brewed in Texas.

The Bock and the Black Lager are my favorites, but they're all more than good enough to be worth the extra buck. Some of the seasonal/special releases are incredible . . . and still the same price.

proxy.php

NANP™

I'm a Shiner Beer drinker, I also love Harpoon IPA when I head to the Northeast on business, I wish they sold it down here in Texas,

I don't drink very often (maybe a beer/drink every month or two) but....

Relaxing Smooth/Summer beer = Boddingtons, Wexford, Beamish

With Pizza = St. Peter's (organic or golden), Paulaner Salvator Doppelbock, Blue Moon, Anderson Valley Poleeko Gold Pale Ale

With strong meats/food = Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout, Stone Double Bastard, Great Divide Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout

Amazing beers that will totally blow your mind if you're a connoisseur (and if not, you'll likely hate) = Dogfish Head World Wide Stout, Westvleteren, Delirium Tremens, Kate The Great - Russian Imperial Stout, Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout, and lastly - the great Samichlaus, which tastes more like a cognac than a beer.

My favorite is Yuengling, the oldest brewery in the U.S.A. It's only available in a few states (one of them being Pennsylvania, where it is brewed).

2 - Warsteiner
3 - Big Rock Brewery's Honey Brown

Top Bottom