What's new

What is your favorite beer??

Guess I did not answer the question...my favorite beer is Free Beer.

If that is not available, it would have to be my own homemade Chocolate-Coffee Porter. Mmmmm, so thick you can cut it with a knife.

If we are talking favorite available in store brew...Sam Adams.

If none of the above, then anything I have not tried before. Self-proclaimed beer snob and loving it.

Also, my other favorite beer is my "Next Beer"...until I get said "Next Beer". Its a vicious cycle really.

Did I mention that I like beer? Mmmmm...beer.

I really like London Pride, but you can't get it here in Texas. Other close favorite are St. Arnold's Summer Pilsner (local Houston beer!!), Shiner Black Lager (lived in Austin for 10 years), and good 'ole Bud (great on hot Texas afternoons).

There are three great micro-breweries in Fort Collins, Colorado: New Belgium, Odell's and Fort Collins Brewery. They all put out great product but my favorites are Fat Tire (a Belgian ale from New Belgium) and 90 Schilling (a Scottish ale from Odell's).
Closer to home, the Four Peaks brewery in Tempe makes a very good Scottish ale: Kiltlifter.
Bottom line: my favorite beer is whatever local brew that is crafted with love and care. Seldom had a bad microbrew and many are wonderful. Sampling local beers is a great reason to travel!

Even though I've lived in Florida for the last 21 years, I'm still a fan of Pittsburgh's favorite "Iron City Beer". In my younger days I drank so much that I would "rust when it rained" :lol::lol::lol:

There's a few I enjoy:

at a restaurant/bar or home treat;
St. Bernardus Abt. 12
Newcastle Brown

keep in the home frig;
Shiner Light
Sam Adams Light

My fridge staples are Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Anchor Steam and what I'm drinking right now -- Boont Amber Ale.

However, I have fairly varied tastes, and like to try lots of new ones. I tend to stay away from most macrobrews, preferring craft brews, though there are a few I'll enjoy if the situation calls for it.

In my refrigerator : Anchor Steam & Fat Tire*

At restaurants: Negra Modelo & Bohemia (pretty much the only lagers I drink), New Castle.

Guilty Pleasure: Chimay Bleue-

*New Belgium is quickly becoming my favorite brewery.

For an everyday sort of thing, I am lamenting my recently finished case of Stone Ruination (quite the trick to get that case over here might I add).

For Japanese beers, the Shonan Imperial Stout is phenomenal (I recently put it up against Stone Imperial blindly and it won 5 out of 4).

And I still wake up in cold sweats dreaming of the Old Fantome Winter in the red/blue bottle.

I was a bit worried coming out here to Japan and not being able to find good beer but in all reality, Id say the Japan Micro scene is where San Diego was about 10 years ago. Don’t be surprised if you start seeing some quality stuff coming to the states in the future.

Guilty Pleasure: Chimay Bleue-

No shame to be had there. I recently revisited this one and fell in love all over again. it is really easy when getting into beer to lose track of some really great beers in the search for something new and exiting and it is always nice to rediscover these gems.

That being said, I need to pick up some Duvel on the way home. :a51:

Since the question is "what is your favorite beer" I will happily answer Indian Pale Ale.

If you had asked what my favorite brewery is then I would have needed several paragraphs to answer.

No shame to be had there. I recently revisited this one and fell in love all over again. it is really easy when getting into beer to lose track of some really great beers in the search for something new and exiting and it is always nice to rediscover these gems.

That being said, I need to pick up some Duvel on the way home. :a51:

You know, I should have actually said "special treat" instead, because at $8.00 a bottle that's what it actually is.

Didn't know that about Japan. I hope to see those japanese microbrews here someday.

You know, I should have actually said "special treat" instead, because at $8.00 a bottle that's what it actually is.

Didn't know that about Japan. I hope to see those japanese microbrews here someday.

8 dollar for a bottle of duvel? i like the stuf but at 6 euro's for a sixpack i already think its expensive :D (that would be about 9-10 dollar). A nice triple karmeliet or a la chouffe or maybe a Paulaner weis. are in my top list. However, if i have to go shop for drink alot night, beer is beer. (Heineken, Brand, Grolsh, Bavaria, Warsteiner)

Just a few of some of my favorites.

Spaten Optimator
Moose Drool
Anderson Valley Amber
Rogue Dead Guy
Goose Island Honkers & 312
Bells Oberon

Top Bottom