What's new

What is the worst blade you have used in your razor?

For me, its the drugstore Gillette's available around here. I don't remember if they were made in Russia or what, but they are awful! I had better luck with Precision's from Isreal, available at my local corner store. Plus, these are cheaper!

Merkurs are the worst.

Derby is a distant second. The quality control goes from good to mediocre to terrible.
At one point I thought one of my razors was defective, because one side kept shaving uneven. It turned out to be a batch of bad derby blades.

Thanks for all your replies. Going by what I have read, it seems that Dorcos, Merkurs and Derbys are the least liked.

In all honesty I think I will stick with the Israelis. Ive tried the Feathers and while they shave great, for me they are not THAT much better than the Israelis and are more expensive.

The worst was a Feather in my Slim. However, I love a Feather in an Old-style Gillette.

I have no use for the Dorcos 300.

I didn't care for the Walmart Personnas, Merkur, or Derbys.

That would have to be the Treet Blue(actually black) blade. Absolutely no cutting was going on-an absolute waste of metal.

marty

+1000....
:thumbdown To use a crude expression from my youth, they sucked out loud...

7AMs were only marginally better. Made Merkurs seem downright smooth.

The red & black pack Gillettes from the drug store were terrible too.

It'd have to be between the 7AM's and the Trash-Mart Personnas for me. I can, however, use the 7's in my long-tooth New. That's the only razor they don't take off-roading across my face.
On the single-edge side of things, it's got to be those PAL's I got from either Wallgreen's or Family Dollar.

Something came into my mind just now. Ive heard about wire-wrapped double edge blades some time ago, but can't remember where. Apparantly the wires stop the blade edge getting too close to the skin, so they are mainly for DE beginners. I've never actually seen one though.

Top Bottom