What's new

What is Santa going to bring you?

As we approach Thanksgiving, I am realizing that Christmas is just around the corner. SWMBO asked me this week "What do you want for Christmas? Please tell me. I'd rather get you something that you'd really like." I have thought long and hard about this, and as the owner of scores of razors, dozens and dozens of soaps and creams, true tonnage of After shaves, etc....etc.....etc....what is it that I want? (That she can score for me.)

I've decided on the ATT S2. $185 is generally more than I'd spend on myself, and after reading all of the reviews, it seems like quite a wonderful piece of gear. Of the razors I own, I only own 2 contemporary ones--a Merkur 37C Slant and a Futur, so I think I am ready for the new technology that Above the Tie offers.

So, here we go. I will officially put in my request with Santa tonight. How about you guys?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Nothing shave related for me, but my Christmas gift ask to SWMBO is for her to give a serious look at retirement, so I can join her .... oh, and a bottle of gin! :tongue_sm

Last edited:
Nothing shave related for me, but my Christmas gist ask to SWMBO is for her to give a serious look at retirement, so I can join her .... oh, and a bottle of gin! :tongue_sm

Similar here. Time for me to seriously think out my work future. 56 y.o. and can't keep doing what I am doing - Deputy Sheriff in a jail wrassling inmates - but can I afford to just retire yet.

For Christmas I'm hoping for a nice bottle of Scotch and time with the grandkids.

I've decided on the ATT S2. $185 is generally more than I'd spend on myself, and after reading all of the reviews, it seems like quite a wonderful piece of gear. Of the razors I own, I only own 2 contemporary ones--a Merkur 37C Slant and a Futur, so I think I am ready for the new technology that Above the Tie offers.

So, here we go. I will officially put in my request with Santa tonight. How about you guys?

I was thinking the same thing, but was thinking an Atlas. The SWMBO surprised me early though with a PS4 Black Ops 3 edition. So, I will save that razor for next year.

Are you ready to get rid of all your other razors, since you will only be using the ATT from now on? At least that's what I gather from others about it.

I'm hoping a Superformace GT40! But, I'll probably get a bunch of soaps, maybe a brush, but then I have been a really bad boy.
Reality............Coal

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I'm hinting at a dozen bars 8f Mama Bear Cocobutter Bath Soaps. And a couple of hundred dollars in Amazon Gift Cards. I'm real easy to buy for

Thinking of asking the ol' man for a simpsons chubby badger hair brush. Or I'd like some sort of travel case to keep all my shaving goodies in when I travel for work next year.

I am tempted by the ATT razor as a Christmas present. I'm not sure which one I'd like best though. How did you decide on the S2?

I'd hate to buy a $185 razor and not like it as much as a vintage NEW or Old type.

Or perhaps a significantly less expensive item, a plisson knot. Was thinking one of the Stirling brushes.

I asked for a shaving mirror, the kind that can be mounted to the wall and articulate out. My wife had me replace a perfectly good mirror with a useless one with a frame and bevel that make use during shaving a pain (and has resulted in an odd shaped goatee more than once)

I don't dare ask for more soaps and I don't know enough to ask for anything else.

Similar here. Time for me to seriously think out my work future. 56 y.o. and can't keep doing what I am doing - Deputy Sheriff in a jail wrassling inmates - but can I afford to just retire yet.

For Christmas I'm hoping for a nice bottle of Scotch and time with the grandkids.

Doing the same thing and just to make it to 50 without major injuries is my goal. Then again we are in some sort of scuffle daily. The worst part is we are on an 8/8/10 shift plan so at least 5 days a week of gound fighting puts a toll on the body. I am 30 and had 2 broken hands, tore a rotatar cuff, broken toes, fingers and a back injury. all this in 8 years...so I am asking Santa for a big check and pay off my house and let me walk away from this without anymore scrapes and bruises...yeah right I am getting coal.

We no longer exchange gifts, It caused to much stress and ruined the holiday for us. Now we just have a nice dinner.

My parents keep trying to insist they're going to buy me a Garmin Virb for the holidays... I was going to ask for half a dozen pairs of socks ($50ish CAD for the ones I usually use) and a new pair of work boots ($210-225 CAD (before workplace stipend that covers a good portion) depending on the model I pick up, but they last a year and a half) this year if they were so insistent on buying me something o_O

Usually I ask for them to go out and enjoy a nice meal at a nice restaurant, but for some silly reason they always shoot that down, buy me something that's a few hundred dollars.... .....And then go out for a nice meal anyways. Silly parents.

For myself and the hubby, I'm probably picking up two different coffee subscription services, which will give us another 4x 12 Oz bags of coffee every month, plus maybe even a 12 month subscription to a Japanese candy box since that company is having a 30% off sale until Dec 31st.

My list includes a Semogue SOC Badger brush, a Dirty Bird brush scuttle, some soaps, and a Stormy Kromer hat.

Top Bottom