What's new

What does your screen name mean?

Crackstar is literally the first thing that came to mind when I joined this group. I really don't know how it came to be. :rolleyes: :confused:

Jeff

Mine is sort of confusing as it stands. I kind of pulled it out of thin air...now you know that I bleed NASCAR colors!:eek:

Dale Jarrett, 88 car number, Official NASCAR Members Club. (I'm a Charter Member having joined in its first year of existence, 2006)

Its part of my email address, though I tell my students its my hip hop handle--which, being a doughy, pasty white guy, is actually pretty much of a stretch--and is now how many of them refer to me at school.:redface:

This was a nick name I got tagged with in college from a combination of wearing aviators, playing beach volleyball frequently, and having a locker that smelled notoriously bad. Our team had a bit of Top Gun fettish, and I got the handle.

As for the extra capital letter, that's because I would randomly capitalize the first letter of some words in my emails which became the pet peeve of one of my more grammatically minded team mates

M

modern man

This was a nick name I got tagged with in college from a combination of wearing aviators, playing beach volleyball frequently, and having a locker that smelled notoriously bad. Our team had a bit of Top Gun fettish, and I got the handle.

As for the extra capital letter, that's because I would randomly capitalize the first letter of some words in my emails which became the pet peeve of one of my more grammatically minded team mates

So SLider is more of a "call sign" than a screen name?

Lots of people associate me with bears, and I give out some pretty good bear hugs. Some claim I am part polar bear as I like it pretty darn cold. And all the hispanic girls at work call me the OSO which is spanish for Bear.
Plus my daughters have been into the pirate thing lately so instead of Blackbeard.......Bearbeard!!

Can I be Iceman? :lol:

My name is a combination of my last name and "meister," which is german and translates to the equivalant of "the master of" or "head honcho," etc. Interestingly enough, a Hausmeister isn't the man of the house, but he is the janitor :eek: .

I was born in November hence the name. I have used the name for email addresses for years.

Now I can be known as cinco-cero-cero!!!! and it only took me 4 1/2 months.

Raf

mines boring....

Randy = my name
Ag = our mascot from Texas A&M, the "Ag" short for Aggie
15 = my jersey number while playing lacrosse for Texas A&M

#15 on the field, but #1 in your hearts :thumbup:

Creslin : A character out of a book that I use for such instances. It tends to be obscure enough I don't have to hunt for some wierd combination and I can remember it.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Palmetto=from the "cabbage" or Sabal Palmetto tree-symbol on the state flag of South Carolina (also ubiquitous in the Low Country of our state, though I live in the Upstate.)
B=Blair

Having lived in the Low Country, I just thought it meant Palmetto Bug.

Mine is fairly simple. I've been sawin' whiskers for a while now...

mines boring....

Randy = my name
Ag = our mascot from Texas A&M, the "Ag" short for Aggie
15 = my jersey number while playing lacrosse for Texas A&M

#15 on the field, but #1 in your hearts :thumbup:

Randy, I just spent a week at an Executive Course at A&M. I was duly amazed at the greatness of that University. If I'm allowed to go through life again, I want to do it as an Aggie.

I had a very old-fashioned, Deep South (Swainsboro, Ga) grandmother. When she was seating us at the complex of Sunday dinner tables (there may have been 15 or more people being seated), she would say something like, "Now you sit down, right here." Except, her "right here" came out as "rat cheer".

One day, when I was trying to pick a unique screen name for some site, I heard her saying that in my mind, just out of the blue. Perfect!

Tim

Kinda been a thing with me since I was a kid. Mater a fact you know how football players buy there numbers from other players I have to make Blair(PalmettoB) an offer for is signature:lol1:

teamacacia:
my fraternity in college was acacia. when signing up for a hotmail account so many years ago, i happened to have one of our t-shirts on with a golf-theme and was titled "teamacacia"

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Its part of my email address, though I tell my students its my hip hop handle--which, being a doughy, pasty white guy, is actually pretty much of a stretch--and is now how many of them refer to me at school.:redface:

Mine has always been "MC Square", as in E=.

Top Bottom