What's new

What does your screen name mean?

Mines easy, Sue is my first name. Not Susan, Suzanne, Suzy, Susie or anything other than Sue. Everyone tries to lengthen it to one of the above; doctors offices, banks, etc.

When I was a kid, I hated the name and asked my Mom why she and Dad picked Sue. She replied she chose a simple name so it would be easy for me to spell when I started school. I can't say that meant she had high expectations for me. LOL
Sue

Reference to exceptionally clean-shaven punk band The Clash, also indicates that I'm from London, England to save people the bother of telling me "you can get those in Walmart".
The picture is a Frank Zappa album cover which has always tickled me and which no-one else seems to have bagged.

Mine is a twice-borrowed reference to Johnnie Walker Black Label Scotch (of which I am a fan). The first borrowing was by Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society (of whom I am also a fan, Zakk and I share a birthday too). I, in turn, borrowed the reference from him.

Finally, I am a homebrewer (beer), and I find that most of my recipes have a "Black Label" aesthetic or flavor quality to them: often dark, potent, and hoppy.

When I was younger, I would dream about doing something fairly ordinary, and in the past few years I have had hardcore deja vu a couple times, only I remembered dreaming and/or daydreaming about doing the exact thing I was doing, with the exact people, in the exact place, even though when I first dreamt/thought about the instance, I had never been to that place or met those people.

And it was a cool handle for the first couple forums I joined, and the guys I balled with at home always called me that.

htown from where I live-Hagerstown,Md

mmm-my initials marty m. marion(no middle name-dad is a melvin,one sister is a michelle,another is a melvina,and another is a marilyn);so mail addressed to m. marion could go to anyone.

If I wanted my mail, I needed to add something,hence the 3rd m.

Marty

I play squeezebox with my English Ceilidh band and go to as many dances as I can when I'm not playing for them. When I started English Ceildh dance, my favourite was called Galopede. Good tune too!

Gareth

I was refereeing paintball and there were some large CO2 tanks that needed to be moved. Tony was another ref that stood 6 foot something and had a good build on him. Tony would pick up the tanks to move them, others would just roll them on the bottom edge of the tank. Rolling them would take 3 times longer to move them than picking them up. I started picking them up to move them because I could manage it. Austin Powers: The spy who shagged me (The one with Mini Me in it) had come out recently. Because I was smaller than Tony I got the nickname Mini-Tony or Mini-T.

Andrew

Palmetto=from the "cabbage" or Sabal Palmetto tree-symbol on the state flag of South Carolina (also ubiquitous in the Low Country of our state, though I live in the Upstate.)
B=Blair

first initial, last name. very boring, i know. i came up with this as my email address when i was a freshman in high school, so it stuck. :biggrin:

We used to make up random characters as teenagers. Badly drawn cartoony things mixed with strange odd juxtapositions of words. So you have a small fruit that lacks proper seriousness or respect. It just hung around and I started using it 15 or so years down the road.

mine is the ever so exciting first initial-last name... mlebarron

woo hoo! :smile:

although my avatar was custom made for me by the creator of adium's girlfriend back in the earlier days of the application (or it's early days on os x anyway). It's the application icon done up as the Red Baron (my nickname in college was "Baron")

Mine is a twice-borrowed reference to Johnnie Walker Black Label Scotch (of which I am a fan). The first borrowing was by Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society (of whom I am also a fan, Zakk and I share a birthday too). I, in turn, borrowed the reference from him.

Finally, I am a homebrewer (beer), and I find that most of my recipes have a "Black Label" aesthetic or flavor quality to them: often dark, potent, and hoppy.

Johnnie Walker Black --- mmmm my favorite!

My wife and I needed to create email accounts a while back, now, "trying" to be cool and....cocky, I created Italianotigre (italian tiger) because tigreitaliano was taken. My wife hates the one I gave her...Principessabello (Beatiful Princess). They both have just stuck.

My given name and the initial of my surname. I'm a Jr., named after my father. The first name has been in our family for several hundred years.

Top Bottom