What's new

What Are You Reading?

I'm Reading Evasion.

$Evasion.jpg

Its this underground book about a guy tramps and trespassing across the country.

you can down load it here as a PDF
http://rebels-library.org/files/evasion_complete_book.pdf

and for our watch full mods

"Excluding all corporations, the text from this book may be reproduced without ... grounds for prosecution, entries in the Guinness Book of World Records or to ..." Its a free book more or less.

Just finished The Thousand-Mile Summer by Colin Fletcher (the story of his hike from Mexico to Oregon in 1958).

Currently on Moby Dick. Started it a long time ago, but never finished.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Just finished The Thousand-Mile Summer by Colin Fletcher (the story of his hike from Mexico to Oregon in 1958).

Currently on Moby Dick. Started it a long time ago, but never finished.

Wow, Colin Fletcher, I still have The Man Who Walked Through Time, he was Da Man in backpacking in the 70's.

Working my way thru various English translation editions of The Count of Monte Cristo. I have a 1956 Classics Illustrated comic, 3 paperbacks, 2 audio books, a specialty hardcover, an e-book and a 4 volume set with both French/English. If anyone needs a recommendation on which version to read, let me know.

Finished The Martian. Very enjoyable book! I still think they did a great job on the movie and its actually a bit better! Has no one else here seen it and read the book?

Going back to Sanderson again. I had Elantris bought and sitting around for awhile, figured I'd go for it now, though there's a few books I'm anxious to get to. Very little in, but so far it's an I intriguing story and world.

I just finished The Assassin, by Lorenzo del Toro.

My initial reaction is: Wow. This is a self published book (99 cents on Amazon) about an assassin sent on a search and destroy mission into the cocaine territories of the Costa Rican jungle in the 90's. His mission is to find and kill a legendary reclusive kingpin that is causing the Columbian cartels problems with their US cocaine pipeline, which runs through Costa Rica after Manuel Noriega's downfall in Panama.

Or, is that really his mission? This book is a brutal, surreal journey into the heart of darkness, told in the first person by an unreliable narrator who is admittedly insane. It out-Conrads Conrad, and leaves Apocalypse Now in the dust. The first half of the book is a little slow, but the pace picks up and the second half is a roller coaster ride through Hell.

A trippy, chaotic, and abstract descent into madness, and the best self-published novel I've read in a while.

Just finished reading this book. Your description had me intrigued. It isn't normally the kind of book that I would read, but once I started I couldn't stop. It was great. While reading I kept thinking; this could make a fantastic movie if it was done correctly.

Just finished The Black Dahlia. Griping story telling, and just enough detail to transport you to the 40s without getting bogged down/slowing the story.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Started Rogue Lawyer by Grisham. I'm only through the first section/trial, at this point I wish I'd waited for it to come up at the library. The parallel to Harry Bosch's half brother Mickey Haller in Lincoln Lawyer is too close to be coincident. If it gets better I'll so report, but save your money on this one .. looks like Grisham has resorted to grinding them out for the sheckels. What's next, To Wound a Mockingbird, co written by John Grisham and some hack who paraphrases Harper Lee?

Top Bottom