What's new

What Are You Reading?

I decided to just download a sample of each for Kindle. Actually I forgot you could do that. I always have it on airplane mode and just side load books.

I'm a compulsive walk around the house when I'm on the phone lol

If you start Mistborn, since I recently finished the series, I'd be interested to hear what you think. First bit of book one is a slog though, it does accomplish a bit of character building but you'll probably want it to hurry up then completely forget about it later. But its good stuff once it gets going.

The end of the series has a nice ending, I think ;)

I've started reading this sample 1st. So far I actually quite like the 1st few chapters.

Sanderson finished the Mistborn trilogy, Rothfuss is still working on book 3 of the Kingkiller series. So if you want to have a series with an ending, go with Mistborn.

If you like a well crafted and defined magic system in your fantasy novels, Sanderson does this very well.

That being said, I believe Rothfuss is the better storyteller and prefer his books over Sanderson's (I'm still a big fan!).

I don't mind that the series hasn't been finished yet, I waited patiently while the final 4 Harry Potter books were written, but I've started reading the Mistborn sample 1st and at this stage I think it might be a winner.

Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis

A fantastic read, whether you are religious or not. The guy has a truly remarkable way of forming and exploring some of life more important questions. I can't recommend it enough.

Knocked off "Secondhand Souls" by Christopher Moore in a single sitting. It was the sequel to "A Dirty Job" and it was just as funny, profane and irreverent as the rest of his work.

Just checked out audiobook for Meditations from Marcus Aurelias. This requires way more attention than I'm able to dedicate while driving. Think Proverbs in Roman language. Profound stuff.

Now I'm on Pinnochio. I have to say, these original books are WAY different from the Disney versions. I think Walt went a good route with the re-writes.

Just finished Peter Pan. I'm distraught.

Next up, Pinnochio!

I am also interested in reading some of the classics that I only know from the movies. I've heard it's quite different. I believe SWMBO has Alice in Wonderland at home, so that'll probably be the first one I read (when I get around to it....).

The Diamond Age - Neal Stephenson

I've um'd and ah'd about reading that book. I like his other works, but I just can't seem to get excited about that one. Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

It's an excellent book. I read it YEARS ago when it came out, and a coupe of times since. Interesting take on technology and society's effect on it and vice versa. It's a little different than some of Stepenson's earlier works -- since it deals much more with social class, ethnicity and education.

Last edited:
Top Bottom