What's new

What Are You Reading?

About to re-read Bukowski's Post Office, which I do every five or ten years.

And I just started Stoner, by John Williams. Checked out the Ebook from my local library online. My first John Williams book. It's good. I'll probably read something else by him after.

Just cranked out the last two of Christopher Moore's vampire love story trilogy; You Suck and Bite Me. They were very quick reads and enjoyable, but almost could have been a single book (along with Blood Sucking Fiends).

I will be interested in his next book, Sacré Bleu, and I am still waiting for the third "Rivers of London" book by Ben Aaronovitch - which is due shortly.

about to read The confessions of an Economic hit man

$Confessions+of+An+Economic+Hitman+Cover.jpg

I knew there had to be a "book you're reading" thread somewhere here. I just now found it and it's fun to see what folks are reading.

I'm currently reading Bernard Law Montgomery's autobiography and find it tough going as his vanity and conceit shine through so thoroughly. As I generally have two to three books going at any given time I'm also reading through Juvenal's Satires, a good read which shows that there's nothing new under the sun about politics or the ills of society. We're little different than 1st century Rome.

Currently reading an anthology of Scottish based murder mysteries.. Titled " Murder Most Scottish " and enjoying it immensely, used to be a very avid reader, then I didn't pick up a book to read for enjoyment for years... Crazy work schedule, and too much school reading to complete. It's nice to read just for readings sake.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I'll have to try the Tommy Gun .. I'm mid-way through
The Bridge of San Luis Rey today

I just re-read Homeland by RA Salvatore. The beginning of the life of Drizzt. Not the greatest book he wrote, but I love to see how Drizzt began his development into the Drow he is today. I read it every few years. I'm gonna have to back and read Icewindale Trilogy next. Those are the books that introduced me to the Drow Ranger. Great stories.

I finally picked up the last book in Larsson's trilogy, The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. I'm about 130 pages into the 800+ of the paperback, but so far, so good!

I am reading a few books right now, but the one that jumps to the front is "Studies on the Sermon on the Mount" by D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones. It is very in depth and gives a great analysis of the Be-Attitudes and then the rest of Jesus' sermon in Matthew 5-7. If you are an avid Christian reader I highly reccomend it for devotional purposes.

Top Bottom