What's new

What are you listening to?

It took me a few spins to enjoy it, but it is one of their best works.

I lucked in with all the original pressings of the Radiohead vinyl as I've been collecting for a while. These 10" Radiohead vinyl pressings are supurb.

I know. But I really liked How To Disappear Completely immediately, and then the rest of the tracks just fell in place. Around the 5:30 mark when they go from the tumbling dissonance and then fall into place again is really beautiful stuff.

That's so sweet! I've found one pressing, but it cost like $200, which was a bit steep.

That's so sweet! I've found one pressing, but it cost like $200, which was a bit steep.

That's nuts. I got all mine from my local record store for about $20-25 each.

I guess those days are gone. At least most represses are as good or better these days (if done right) and usually affordable. I'm not a collector, I'm a listener, so don't mind either way. I'm rebuilding my Zeppelin cataloge with the new 180g presses and they sound great to me.

I've seen a lot of the 90s and early 2000s stuff come out on reissue and hope they continue. Lots of stuff I missed the first round, but can't afford the originals. Some of the Pearl Jam stuff I lucked in getting for $20-30, goes for 10x that on eBay now...crazy.

Last edited:
Ben Harper & Charlie Musselwhite "Get Up"

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1413073552281.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413073552281.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 75
Working my way through Phases - The Who, German box set with all Moon LPs

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1413224455962.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413224455962.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 70
proxy.php

Art Pepper: The Hollywood All-Star Sessions

I've been reading Michael Connelly's book series featuring his character Harry Bosch. Both he and Bosch are jazz fans and in this particular book, Bosch is listening to and commenting on these recordings. It's kind of cool to listen to them at the same time and have a little added dimension to this aspect of the story.

Top Bottom