What's new

What are you listening to?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
What am I listening to? My wife, telling me "that's enough badgering for one night!"

See ya on the flip side!

She & Him

This band grew on me, I have liked M. Ward for a long time but wasn't sure at first about the "She & Him" albums. Took a couple of listens to decide for me. Good stuff though.

Today it was Titus Andronicus "The Monitor" and Animal Collective "Sung Tongs".

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh, I've been training for a marathon. So would you pardon me a fake german techo punk band with a drum machine and 8-bit sound from my home town? Seems the right forum to, uh, be appreciated. Without further adieu, Ultra Pulverize (mind the cheap effects)...

Yes, I've seen them live, at pizza parlors and Lebowskifest! It's awesome! That was there 1st video effort, to see where 5 years brought them,,,, enjoy http://youtu.be/AKJa4KX6d7I

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I have to say I can listen to the second one front to back without an issue. The first one takes some time to get use to. I'll be buying the Christmas album this year.

This band grew on me, I have liked M. Ward for a long time but wasn't sure at first about the "She & Him" albums. Took a couple of listens to decide for me. Good stuff though.

Today it was Titus Andronicus "The Monitor" and Animal Collective "Sung Tongs".

I have to say I can listen to the second one front to back without an issue. The first one takes some time to get use to. I'll be buying the Christmas album this year.

I think it's the first one I am referring to, I'm not sure I've heard the second album yet. I will check it out.

I love it when iTunes pulls something out that I haven't heard in a while. Just now, from the utterly awesome "Dusty In Memphis", it played me the sublime "Breakfast In Bed". Her vocals are husky, sexy, sensual beyond words, and fit the lyrics so perfectly, I am off for a cold shower. What a voice she had.

Nick Cave, Abattoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus
I don't remember how this (double) album was received on it's release but I think it's got some of his best music on it. For what that's worth:)

Top Bottom