What's new

What are you listening to?

Got on a Dave Frishberg kick as I haven't listened to him for at least 5 years or more. Of course, you have to listen to his biggest hit:

Screenshot_20240313-202912~2.png

Dervish, my favorite Irish trad band. I love Cathy Jordan's voice. If I was Odysseus and she was a Siren, I'd have wrecked the ship.

Last edited:
Getting closer to St Patrick's Day, and more into my older Irish punk. Listening to CDs from Siobhan, an earlier band fronted by The Dreadnoughts lead singer. As some may be offended by Welfare State, I'll just post this link.

Indonesian Celtic Punk
Speaking of Indonesia, I have been a fan of Balinese Gamelan music since first hearing it in Bali at age 10.

David Russell is excellent.

Classical guitar is doing very well these days. There are so many fantastic young players on the scene, like Vera Danilina, Samuel Asistores, Yaroslava Ihnatenko, Zsombor Sidoo,... this could be a long list. You can find them on YouTube, among other places.

Also some who, like Russell, are not so young. Such as Alan Mearns, who is an outstanding player and arranger, across a whole range of genres.

There is a lot wrong with the world right now, but music is in a very good place. We are spoiled for choice like never before. It is one thing the internet has delivered on in spades. My only regret is that it is impossible listen to it all in one lifetime. :)

Top Bottom