What's new

What are the better travel cases for DE these days?

What DE razors have you tried the case with? Will it hold a Muhle Rocca or EJ 3one6? I like the overall style but, my prior version was a complete disaster. Too small and poor quality.

This one being 100% USA made and materials is promising. 500D Cordura as well should make it pretty bullet proof for most travel scenarios I have.
I have several. One holds a Blackbird. Another holds an ATT (classic) with an Atlas handle. And one holds a Timeless Titanium (not the slim but the big one) with the standard titanium handle. Because the the Timeless is so big, the elastic bands are slightly stretched and while it will hold a thinner razor, it is not as tight. The other two will hold any of my other 3 piece razors.

Will this do?
IMG_0960.jpeg

The DE shaver has several options for his travel kit.
View attachment 1824943
Firstly there is the replica Khaki kit from Razoremporium, with this one, the razor & blade bank was purchased separately. But they also sell them with a razor & pack of blades.
Anyone know of a good place to find a blade bank like this in decent condition? I have been looking around and saw Razor Emporium HAD some that were restored and replated, but they don't appear to have any available now.

Anyone know of a good place to find a blade bank like this in decent condition? I have been looking around and saw Razor Emporium HAD some that were restored and replated, but they don't appear to have any available now.
Yard/garage/estate sale, antique stores/malls, flea markets. Keep your head on a swivel.

There are LOTS of things other than razors and brushes that you should be looking for.

Attachments

• A228A306-B513-46BA-A52D-6579A4396777.jpeg
    A228A306-B513-46BA-A52D-6579A4396777.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
I bought these back a few years ago to protect my razors when travelling and when selling or gifting razors also.
They are not Pelican cases but similar and affordable for holding a razor. The folding type like @Cal showed work also excellent IMO.
View attachment 1823047
Have some great shaves!

I recently got one of these off Ali Express and used it for 4 days of Saltwater fishing-related fun around Galveston.

I must say it worked extremely well for me. At ~$2 with free shipping at $10, it was a steal IMHO. Got a nice Titanium cup and a long Ti spoon to go with it too!

I got this blade bank from Ebay along with an Old Type. Just keep looking and one will show up eventually.
Yard/garage/estate sale, antique stores/malls, flea markets. Keep your head on a swivel.

There are LOTS of things other than razors and brushes that you should be looking for.
Thanks! I also just learned that razor emporium and backroads offer replating on banks too, so if I can find one thats not too physically beaten up I may have to try them out too!

I travel regularly by air and prefer to only bring along a carry-on bag for shorter trips.

As I also use an electric toothbrush, I found that the toothbrush travel case can not only take the brush handpiece and two tooth brush inserts, but also a disassembled three piece DE razor.

B.

I travel regularly by air and prefer to only bring along a carry-on bag for shorter trips.

As I also use an electric toothbrush, I found that the toothbrush travel case can not only take the brush handpiece and two tooth brush inserts, but also a disassembled three piece DE razor.

B.

How do you get there with DE blades doing carry-on only?

I like shorter handle DEs, so use a Merkur plastic case for travel. It even has room for some blades. I put a rubber band around it so it doesn't open accidentally. It works well for my shorter SS & Merkur 34G. The original GameChanger was a bit too long, but as I prefer their optional shorter handle, it also fits.

How do you get there with DE blades doing carry-on only?

It is generally not a problem.

Either I have DE blades at my destination waiting for me, or know in advance of local shops (e.g. drugstores, supermarkets) where to find them, sometimes even inside destination airports.
At our two homes in Vancouver B.C. and here in Portugal, I have a local stash and also know local stores that carry DE blades.

My shorter trips are usually within Europe, where it is fairly easy to find DE blades (Beware of Saturday afternoons and Sundays. where many shops are closed.), for trips farther away, where I tend to stay longer, I check in a suitcase.
On frequent suggestion that I have heard is mailing a blade to your destination address, but you have to be careful how you wrap the blade to avoid injury to postal workers, and in most cases I found it unnecessary anyway.

B.

The Pelikan / Tupperware type cases are good for protecting the contents but be aware that anything left inside it for more than a day that isn't properly dry will start to get rusty, mouldy, smelly and generally icky. None of this is good when your razor comes into contact with, and occasionally cuts, your skin. A small desiccant sachet will keep things hygienic and shipshape. Alternatively, give your kit a quick going over with a hair dryer before packing it away.

It is generally not a problem.

Either I have DE blades at my destination waiting for me, or know in advance of local shops (e.g. drugstores, supermarkets) where to find them, sometimes even inside destination airports.
At our two homes in Vancouver B.C. and here in Portugal, I have a local stash and also know local stores that carry DE blades.

My shorter trips are usually within Europe, where it is fairly easy to find DE blades (Beware of Saturday afternoons and Sundays. where many shops are closed.), for trips farther away, where I tend to stay longer, I check in a suitcase.
On frequent suggestion that I have heard is mailing a blade to your destination address, but you have to be careful how you wrap the blade to avoid injury to postal workers, and in most cases I found it unnecessary anyway.

B.
I have spent a lot of time in Europe. You are right about Saturday afternoon and Sunday shopping. Especially in Germany, Sunday is total crickets chirping in the background waiting for business hours on Monday.

The Netherlands is a little better, I assume, due to a larger Muslim community, at least in the general areas I was in.

Italy is a really different experience depending on where you are.

If I was traveling there, it would almost exclusively be by train personally but, if I flew, I could see easy access to most shave products in most public shopping spaces in all the areas of Europe I have been to.

The Pelikan / Tupperware type cases are good for protecting the contents but be aware that anything left inside it for more than a day that isn't properly dry will start to get rusty, mouldy, smelly and generally icky. None of this is good when your razor comes into contact with, and occasionally cuts, your skin. A small desiccant sachet will keep things hygienic and shipshape. Alternatively, give your kit a quick going over with a hair dryer before packing it away.

For myself, the Aliexperss case works well and isn't super airtight so, going moldy or whatever isn't a huge risk with reasonable attempts to remove excess moisture.

Flying, I tend to avoid the air-tight Pelican/Plano/etc. hard cases.

Top Bottom