What's new

What are some good jeans for under $100?

Almost a year (with summer off, so maybe 9-10 months?) into these unbrandeds. They started out stiff as a board, and dark indigo blue. They are real soft and comfortable right now. They are a bit darker in person. (iphone flash)
$photo(102).jpg
$photo(103).jpg

I looked at unbranded's site, but it looks like a pain trying to purchase a pair. It shows the closes place is over 100 miles away in the middle of DC that carries them.

I'm always searching for a great pair of jeans. Levis 501 STF are my baseline. I've had some Gap selvage, and Levis 501 Selvage, that have been quite good. My last pair of Gap selvage turned out to be a massive disappointment as they wore out in 2 months flat.

Currently I am very excited about weargustin.com their crowd sourcing model makes it possible to sell some really high quality american and japanese selvage denims all stitched in San Francisco at killer price, that puts thm within my reach, as well as the magical "under a hundred mark of this thread. http://www.weargustin.com/store THe downside to the model is that there is a wait for the jeans to be made, but the upside to that is they are always available in your size.

I ordered The Classic mid-weight Japanese selvage. Those are sold out, but they are always adding new denims. I really like the look of the Heavy American 18.5 oz Cone Mills denim.

You can get lucky at Nordstrom Rack sometimes. I just found a pair of Citizens of Humanity jeans that fit great for $59.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I'm always searching for a great pair of jeans. Levis 501 STF are my baseline. I've had some Gap selvage, and Levis 501 Selvage, that have been quite good. My last pair of Gap selvage turned out to be a massive disappointment as they wore out in 2 months flat.

Currently I am very excited about weargustin.com their crowd sourcing model makes it possible to sell some really high quality american and japanese selvage denims all stitched in San Francisco at killer price, that puts thm within my reach, as well as the magical "under a hundred mark of this thread. http://www.weargustin.com/store THe downside to the model is that there is a wait for the jeans to be made, but the upside to that is they are always available in your size.

I ordered The Classic mid-weight Japanese selvage. Those are sold out, but they are always adding new denims. I really like the look of the Heavy American 18.5 oz Cone Mills denim.

very interesting. I just ordered the belt. If they do another Classic model, I will order it.

I just wear 14oz Dickies jeans..both relaxed 5 pocket and carpenter depending on what I'm doing. I find they're good quality, comfortable and suit my needs well for the paltry sum of $30.
I also still have 2 pair of my old acid wash Levi's I bought in 1987-1988 as well. Even though they're tacky by today's standards and about 5 waist sizes too small...I can't bring myself to toss them. :001_wub:

very interesting. I just ordered the belt. If they do another Classic model, I will order it.

Apparently they are sold out for good on that fabric, but are looking for another good mid-weight Japanese denim. So that one is gone forever, but a similar fabric will surely be in the future. I'd bet they'll also offer a good mid-weight from Cone Mills at some point in the not too distant future.

I was all set to spend $200 on some A.G. jeans and then I bought a pair of dark 514s and was perfectly happy. Slimmer than others, but certainly not "skinny". Color is holding up pretty well so far.

I wore 514's for a little bit, but decided that the legs and openings weren't tapered enough for my 5'11 150lbs body. Decided to take a shot and order the 513's (can't find them anywhere, had to order online) and they are much better for me. The 511's (slim / skinny) are way to skinny for me, and the 513's are a great compromise between the 514 (slim straight) and the 511's.

I tried Diamond Gussetts years ago. I was pretty excited about American made quality, but the fit was not at all good for me. I wore them for a while, and then gave up on them. I think they are significantly higher rise, and fuller cut than 501s which are pretty much my standard. If you like 560s, you might like gussetts even better, but if you like a standard straight cut, probably not.

I've been wearing Gap 1969 jeans for about 2 years and like them a lot. I get the standard cut in the darkest blue they offer. Only complaint is that it takes a few washings before they stop bleeding.

Nice fades oregoneon, glad to see pdx represented well. I found that the top block on the unbranded and naked and famous fit weird for me. The pocket holes are too small for my hands. I think the gap selvedge 1969 standard fit are really decent for under 100, although lighter weight. The blue fades to nice hues too. 501s are a really tough fit to get right in my opinion. Don't dry your jeans in the dryer and they will last longer (or never at all...).

If you are a slim sort of build then I would recommend Express. I'm 6'2“ and a slimmer build. Finding clothes that fit properly it's always a pain in the ***. Express caters to this market and they do a great job in my opinion. Their jeans are around 80 - 120 but they often run buy one get one sales which is a good time to stop by. On top of that you can get their coupons so that if you spend a certain amount then you get so much in cash off. The one I usually use is spend 250 or more and get 100 off.

I combine that with the buy one get one you can walk out with a ton of clothes for 150. It's not hard to buy designer you just have to plan properly in my opinion.

$20 Referral codes on Gustin bring the $81 jeans down to $61.

The Japan Classic are a good mid-weight Japanese selvedge deniim at the $89 pricepoint. Should be pretty similar to the Classic

I'm recently backed the Heavy American 16.25oz Cone Mills denim with classic red selvedge ID. These are almost sold out, and I'm not sure if they will have more any time soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wranglers at Walmart----they seem to have most sizes covered---regular and relaxed fit---straight blue and various shades of fading---fairly heavy duty.

$100 bucks gets you 6 pairs with change left over.

Levi's rarely last more than a few months ---with the crotch always ripping out first----when the price went out to $40 a pair, I stopped buying Levi's altogether---that was over 15 years ago and they lost me forever.

Top Bottom