What's new

What are some good jeans for under $100?

I'm a big fan of Lucky jeans. Super comfy, they come in great cuts, good quality, soft materials - can't ask for much more than that. While they're normally around $100 a pair, you can find them at Lucky outlet stores for $45-50 a pair, and I actually picked up a few pairs (in funky colors) at the Westfield Mall store in SF on sale for under $30 a pair. Can't beat that for quality, designer denim.
I get mine at Marshalls/TJ Maxx

I've worn Arizona brand jeans for the last several years and have been happy with them. They're relatively cheap at JC Penney ($35 or less). It seems there are soem deals on them right now on JC Penney's website:
http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/bran...izona|&currentDim=Brand&currentDimVal=arizona

I just as a matter of fact ordered a new pair, but this time from Bass Pro Shops. They apparently use a heavier more durable denim so that it stands up better to heavy use. I always have a problem with the back bottom edge of my jeans starting to shred and come apart from contact with the ground over time. Here's a link to those jeans (also very affordable @ $30):
http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Boot...cat=RLP&cm_pla=103965&cm_ite=productname_link

Although i'm a fan of bootcut because they're not so tight on your legs and offer a bit more breathing room, both types of jeans noted above come in a variety of cuts / styles / colors.

I think it really depends on what you want. A bunch of Levi's and other jeans that are run of the mill are great, last a long time and look great. There are jeans that are in other categories; high cost, high value, look better with age (just my own words and thoughts) which you should check up on the web about. Selvage denim is generally regarded as higher end and better quality, raw denim can be fairly indestructable. Heavy weight denim will also raise the cost but in general will take on the characteristics and fades that you put into it better. Nothing is set in stone, so you should do some denim research. However, keep in mind that a bunch of the better denim is made to be worn multiple times between washes. Some people swear by 6 months before the first wash.

I've heard of unbranded being a good start for people who want to get into quality denim without all the designs that many expensive brands carry.

Jeans in general are pretty rugged and most are made in the same manner. So you should google how jeans are made, selvage denim, raw denim and Sanforized denim to understand what's at play here.

For my money, Levi's STF work great (bought it on sale for $40) and they look great.

I recently picked up pair of clearance selvage Gap straight cut jeans for 27 bucks after 30% off. Hard to beat that...

May or may not work for you, but I have been satisfied with BKE from Buckle. Very comfy and wear very well. 70-100 depending on the style. They are also not overstated as some others are with their stitching, decorations and pocket designs.

I tried many pair of jeans from various brands. Levi silver tab, Arizona, lee, and the new stylist cut jeans Wrangler has been marketing for the younger crowd. But I have always came back to the regular run of the mill Wrangler relaxed fit jeans. Once broken in they are very comfortable, the break in period is very short maybe five to ten wear and wash cycles. I love these jeans, they last a long time for me, I still have a couple pairs that are almost ten years old.

The only pair of jeans I currently wear are Diamond Gussets...made in the US and a lot less than $100 unless you need kevlar lining!

Same here. Since I bought my first pair of Gussets, I won't buy anything else. Unless of course they change them or start making them in Pyongyang or someplace.

I think it really depends on what you want. A bunch of Levi's and other jeans that are run of the mill are great, last a long time and look great. There are jeans that are in other categories; high cost, high value, look better with age (just my own words and thoughts) which you should check up on the web about. Selvage denim is generally regarded as higher end and better quality, raw denim can be fairly indestructable. Heavy weight denim will also raise the cost but in general will take on the characteristics and fades that you put into it better. Nothing is set in stone, so you should do some denim research. However, keep in mind that a bunch of the better denim is made to be worn multiple times between washes. Some people swear by 6 months before the first wash.

I've heard of unbranded being a good start for people who want to get into quality denim without all the designs that many expensive brands carry.

Jeans in general are pretty rugged and most are made in the same manner. So you should google how jeans are made, selvage denim, raw denim and Sanforized denim to understand what's at play here.

For my money, Levi's STF work great (bought it on sale for $40) and they look great.

My sons were into Selvage denim for a while and they both bought the same style, it seems that my younger son always had them rip. He sent them back a couple times and finally gave up. They jeans were in the 200.00 plus range,they also needed hemmed and that took the cost up another 40.00.

My youngest son played football and has some really large legs, while the older son played baseball and is a slim build. It just seems to me that some of the more expensive denim is made with a slimmer cut. They both did the whole shrinking process and would put the jeans in the freezer to kill germs as they did not wash them. Also, I noticed that the jeans would bleed and they would have to be careful getting caught in the rain. The oldest still wears them, but the youngest went to Levis and he made the comment last week that he was sticking with them.

As I see it ,it's really a matter of preference. If you like the more expensive jeans and want that look Selvage is for you. If you don't then off the rack will work.

Some of you mentioned Unbranded jeans. What do you all think of those? Some Googling pulled up a few threads on various style forums with heated opinions for getting them and for not getting them.

There are jeans called Unbranded that are made of Japanese selvedge and assembled in Macao. A shop called Blue Owl Workshop in Oregon carries them. You can Google it. Price/ Quality is really good.

You can also check if any actual storefronts. Around me these have been on sale at Urban Outfitters for 19.99.

Levis has some great cuts. They discontinued most of their selvage, but if you want selvage just wait until the end of the season. Twice a year (Jan and I think Jul) they have great sales. I picked up the $148 selvage matchsticks for $34.99.

Some of you mentioned Unbranded jeans. What do you all think of those? Some Googling pulled up a few threads on various style forums with heated opinions for getting them and for not getting them.

I've been wearing a pair of unbranded straight's for almost a year now. They are really nice. A great intro to selvage without spending hundreds on the bigger names. I wore levi stf's before these and the unbrandeds seem to fit me better and are quite a bit heavier. Great denim for the price.

Believe it or not, I bought a pair of Levi jeans from Target that looks pretty good for $25. They're branded as Denizens and they didn't have much of a selection, but I've lost so much weight all my other jeans were constantly falling down, even with a belt so I needed something ASAP and didn't want to spend a lot.

Thanks to this thread, I'm making my first post in the Haberdashery. It was time to get some new jeans, so I went on the hunt. I stopped at Target for other items, and figured I would look around. Lo and behold, I tried on some really comfy Levi Denizen jeans. I ended up going home with two pairs of jeans. Thanks for the suggestions, guys! :thumbup:

I'm of "exceptional girth" so my denim choices are somewhat limited. I can get Levis, some high end store brands, and Carhartts. Having tried them all, the Carhartts fit me best and last the longest.

Top Bottom