What's new

Were multi-pass shaves the norm "back in the day?"

They also shoot 15 shots from a 6 shooter in the movies ...:biggrin:

Fuzzy

Well, the difference, of course, is that all those actors actually shaved every day, whereas I doubt any of them besides Tom Mix had ever been in a real gunfight. :001_smile

So they were most likely doing it the way they always did . . . which seems to be what the "old school crew" here at B&B is confirming. Speaking of which . . . I just can't express my appreciation enough for y'all ringing in with the real deal "straight skinny." This forum is amazing.

Turn 50 this month myself, and still learn something new here everyday.

NANP™

First, thanks to Tom and the other guys for supplying the information. It's good to hear from some older gentlemen. Not all us young(ish) guys are punks (I'm 27), we like to hear the stories and the techniques.

Also, as I understand it, scruffiness was not as accepted as it was today. There were probably fewer passes per shave because a lot of guys shaved every day. Just my two cents.

I was reading the instruction booklet for the Personna Floating Head Injector (released around 1973). It said to do a WTG, and if you wanted an extra close shave, then do an ATG as well.

Many times I watched by grandfather shave with his DE, old spice brush, and mug filled with the left overs of the ivory soap bars once they were to small to use in the shower :biggrin:

I only recall him ever doing one pass, maybe the occasional touch up if was going to a wedding or some such. In later years he switched to an electric both due to self proclaimed laziness and blood thinners that made him bleed more reliably then I do when shaving.

Top Bottom