What's new

We covered the overrated shaving stuff. How about the underrated??

I know Arko gets grief because of the scent, but I think it's great. I really love my Delong brush. Yes, it was only about $30, but it performs better than many brushes I've paid twice as much for. I think the best adjustable razor out there is the Gillette Super 109 (always the Fatboy/Slim debate and they miss this jewel). Also, pre-shave oil in general gets a bad rap, but I find my skin is much more elastic and less prone to nicks and such when I use it.

Braveheart razor from Executive Shaving. I have a number of high end razors and the Braveheart delivers with the most expensive in my den.

Arko gets picked on because of the scent but this soap offers the best value out there. It's very reliable, very inexpensive and lasts a long time. The scent could be better but I'm not too bothered.

I have a large Liojuny silver tip badger brush I purchased a couple of years ago. I recall I paid around $25 or so for it. I think it is nice and whips up lather easily. It is much larger and whips up lather easier than my first brush, which is a Edwin Jagger best badger that cost much more. Granted, I have never bought or even used an expensive brush. So maybe my cheap Leojuny brush may not be so nice compared to say a brush that costs say, $100 or more. Not sure. Anyway, I think this inexpensive Leojuny brush is a good bargain and perhaps underrated.

As a new wet shaver, I'm very interested in the replies to come.

As helpful as the other thread is in keeping a skeptical outlook (it's easy to get suckered when you're new) the 'bang for your buck' factor is critical in getting into something new.

I'm also going to start the pie-flinging by saying WILLIAMS!

I've gone through only one puck, and it's the only puck I've ever gone through. All I have to compare it to is VDH Deluxe and the VDH Luxury. It took a lot of work to get to where I could consistently get Williams to lather, and the lather isn't super fluffy and luxurious, but the shave is smooth and it doesn't dry my skin.
Try a small dolop of Proraso on top of the Williams puck for a great lather. S been something I keep going back to and loving.

Frank Shaving badger brushes !
They are much more inexpensive than famous badger brushes but very good performance.
I tried some other brands but FS Finest is my best badger.
proxy.php

Water and canned Barbasol shaving cream. Moisten face with water and then apply the cream. I get great shaves (I do prep with Noxema which is also cheap). Barbasol cream is $1.36 at my Walmart.

Nivea shaving cream. Great lather easily and quickly. It was on sale with Nivea ASB at Shoppers Drug Mart this week....cost me $11 for the pair.

Top Bottom