What's new

Water of Ayr, Tam O'Shanter, and the Scotch hone

So I stumbled across the listing for David's stone finally and peeked at the sellers other listings (completed)...

12x2" they sold for a Best offer of <$150... and a 9x7x4" Monster that went around $250 (that thing must weigh 25 lbs)...

Looks like they found a stockpile and are selling it off.. Tons of listings with multiple items for 5x1's, 8x2's, etc.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
So I stumbled across the listing for David's stone finally and peeked at the sellers other listings (completed)...

12x2" they sold for a Best offer of <$150... and a 9x7x4" Monster that went around $250 (that thing must weigh 25 lbs)...

Looks like they found a stockpile and are selling it off.. Tons of listings with multiple items for 5x1's, 8x2's, etc.
She has thousands of stones in sizes I’ve never seen or heard of before.

She lives there on or near Dalmore estate and is helping the owner who she is friends with clear out some stones over crowding the buildings so they can open them up as a museum.

She lives there on or near Dalmore estate and is helping the owner who she is friends with clear out some stones over crowding the buildings so they can open them up as a museum.

God if they're selling 9x7" stones, imagine what they're keeping for the Museum.

Her packaging reputation precedes her.
Feb/March she sent me a not so large Yellow Dalmore that arrived as dust, was 5x2 I think. We exchanged a few emails about bubble wrap and micro-foam sheets after that. Nice person, seemingly trying to balance shipping costs vs dimension and weight of pkgs while not grasping Newton's 1st law of inertia so very well. She did manage to get a WOA and TOS here without issue. I considered a large WOA that was listed because it was unusual, but I'm not really jazzed on those stones, and I doubt it would get here intact.

Haha. Just a coincidence, but that was an interesting read, and I'm going to use it more often now.

"No true honer would use lapping film"

Indeed - a cunningly disguised rhetorical fallacy deployed at an opportune moment is certain to give you the edge in any debate! It's why I'm never wrong about anything.

There are some absolute crackers in here:

(I'm sure you'll particularly enjoy Noah "Soggy" Sweat Jr.'s 'If by whiskey...' speech.

Just picked up a Tam for Carpenters and Joiners.

TAM.jpeg

Top Bottom