What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Nenugal...That's a nice color for a dial.
Christopher Ward C-60 diver today....
$001.JPG

For me, I'm wearing the B&R today. One of the many allures of B&Rs (IMHO) is the ability to quickly swap straps....similar to Panerais. So I put the OEM blue rubber back on but swapped out the original blue keeper with a black one.

proxy.php

Tonight, I'll wear something more classic to go to a friend's B-Day celebration.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Thanks scuba.....I'm not much for BREITLING's myself...A little too big, but when I saw this one, I had to have it!
Saw it in the am.....thought about it all day...couldn't get it out of my mind.....Got it b/4 closing!...:thumbup:

The square guilloche face in the middle caught my eye...so used to Breitlings being a bit large and just not my style....but that one is t their norm

Nice shot Krona....the white colors in the pic really play on the watch

Thanks! Victorinox watches are very underrated especially for those who have the "Should I get an Invicta or so and so fashion watch?" dilemma. IMO, they make some of the best quartz watches for under $300. I've compared Victorinox and Wenger watches directly to Invicta, Citizen, Seiko, and even Movado's. For the price, you get a lot of watch and you can find them on sale on any given occasion. Quality is top notch.

Thanks! Victorinox watches are very underrated especially for those who have the "Should I get an Invicta or so and so fashion watch?" dilemma. IMO, they make some of the best quartz watches for under $300. I've compared Victorinox and Wenger watches directly to Invicta, Citizen, Seiko, and even Movado's. For the price, you get a lot of watch and you can find them on sale on any given occasion. Quality is top notch.

Listen to what this gentleman just said, he knows watches. Oh yeah and he's right too :smile: I owned a Wenger Batallion and I have a VSA Chrono Classic - outstanding watch, I'd rank it higher than other Swiss watches such as Tissot. As a side note, Tissot's quality seems to have gone south lately.

Im with you. I've stared at Victorinox watches many a night. They have some great styles too!

At one point I wore this over a 3 week time period to check it out. My main reason for getting this watch was to get a feel for its size, as there is a similar styled watch that I had considered buying from Steinhart, but I was concerned that it would be too big for comfort. I won't share where it came from or how much it cost, but it was about as cheap of an automatic watch that one could buy. No one taking a second look at it would be tricked into thinking it was authentic, but I do wish the dial said Bill & Russ or something more clearly different. The movement is automatic, self-winding, and non-hacking. It has a limited power reserve, I did not measure it but it couldn't be much more than 24 hours if that. The automatic winding is not very effective and with the limited power reserve I got in the habit of hand winding it. It is not well regulated, for the first week when I did not hand wind it very much, the day to day accuracy fluctuated a lot. Later on, once I started winding twice a day it consistently ran 1 minute fast per day. So every 2-3 days I would reset the time.

Attached a few photos for comparison against Ru4Scuba's real B&R.
  • Showing it on a 20mm Nylon strap as a reference point about the size. Note the misaligned date window, as the date is actually set to the 19th. I think it is more than the date window being misaligned since the twentys are not cut off as badly as the teens.
  • View of painted on screws on the back.
  • Closeup of the face (strap reinstalled backwards). The face looks like it was painted on with some kind of acrylic paint. Can see light reflecting off the outside edge of the numeral 3.
The size was less of an issue than I imagined, I disliked the wide rubber strap more that overall bigness of the watch. A nice side benefit from wearing watch is that it made my Monster feel more like a medium sized watch.

$Bell&Ross-wrist-IMG_2624.jpg
$Bell&Ross-back-IMG_2657.jpg
$Bell&Ross-face-IMG_2662.jpg

You know, that's not as bad of a fake as you made it out to be. I did notice the case's sheen appeared to be off. The numerals and indices don't look quite right to me but I can't put my finger on why (color, location or something I'm missing).

Is the case 46mm like normal 01-92's?

Top Bottom