What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Hey, Lil' Big, the watch is about 190grams. Here's a better pic taken on my drive. The 24 hour dial is mother of pearl.
BTW, can't wait to see your Longiness.

$23.jpg

Here's my new Citizen. It's a Meccanico NP3010-00A. It's got an in-house Citizen Cal. 4166, 21 jewels, handwinding, 24 hour indicator that's in synch with hour dial (totally unnecessary but really nice feature). Sapphire crystal (front/back: "Sapphire Sandwich"), case is about 44mm. My pics don't do it justice but here's a link with some nice pics of the Meccanico series.

View attachment 302574View attachment 302575View attachment 302576

I've got one of these and love it. I especially love the rotor design. Enjoy it!

Your Rodina looks like a NOMOS......Has a Chinese Seagull movement.....Very rare around here.:thumbup1:
Please let me know how it runs after a couple of weeks.

Yes, the Nomos look is obviously intentional. This one is larger than a Nomos, however, at around 38mm (looks larger due to the dial taking up so much room). I have a few other Sea-gulls and they are all great performers. I ordered this watch through A Tao Bao agent, but I see now that trusthonestman on eBay is selling them (also available here: http://good-stuffs.com/Rodina-automatic-wrist-watch-OEM-by-Sea-Gull-ST17_p_156.html) Much easier to order through him, as you can use Paypal and there is free shipping.

Why yes I have. All the Valjoux movements fail after a few days on the Orbita. That's the reason I bought the Wolfe winder. The Rolex and any regular ETA's are no
problem...Any movement with clockwise only(Valjoux) can't fully wind. :001_cool:

Well doesn't that just.... I guess I need to wear it more then because I'm not buying another winder. I only have 4 watches in a 6 winder now, plus my other GO holds just fine.

DGS - Like the NOMOS hommage, interested in how it performs as well. Is it exhibition back?

New to the forum, excited to see a section devoted to watches... an obsession for me. I have to say though is ***, how does little big feather have sooo many freaking sweet watches? Do you work for a watch store/company etc? I flipped through the 300+ pages yesterday and you have so many posts on here... I wish I have a fraction of your collection, I look forward to more of your posts.
BTW you mentioned you have spent over $14K from online purchases, would you be able to recommend some reliable sites?
Thanks

New to the forum, excited to see a section devoted to watches... an obsession for me. I have to say though is ***, how does little big feather have sooo many freaking sweet watches? Do you work for a watch store/company etc? I flipped through the 300+ pages yesterday and you have so many posts on here... I wish I have a fraction of your collection, I look forward to more of your posts.
BTW you mentioned you have spent over $14K from online purchases, would you be able to recommend some reliable sites?
Thanks
Thanks.....Good people to deal with are: B-Line AG,on E-Bay...I trust no one else on E-Bay.. The Watchery .JOMASHOPS...XEZO, has some good deals now..GEMNATION is good.
What I have done is, when you have cash and ready to buy, check DealDoddy. com..They have a new deal from a bunch of companies that are good for one day or sell out.
They start at Mid-nite, I missed a sweet deal a few days ago, they sold out b/4 8am! I'm retired right now, I don't work for a watch company.

Thanks.....Good people to deal with are: B-Line AG,on E-Bay...I trust no one else on E-Bay.. The Watchery .JOMASHOPS...XEZO, has some good deals now..GEMNATION is good.
What I have done is, when you have cash and ready to buy, check DealDoddy. com..They have a new deal from a bunch of companies that are good for one day or sell out.
They start at Mid-nite, I missed a sweet deal a few days ago, they sold out b/4 8am! I'm retired right now, I don't work for a watch company.

Thanks for the sites! I have been on Gemnation before, is it legit? I never could figure out whether or not to trust it. Do they offer warranty or are an AD? dealdoddy didn't have what I was looking for. I will try some of those other sites at another time too.

Nagano 21, Gemnation is legit...The MARTIN BRAUN I wore yesterday is from them.
Today I'm wearing Breitling Cockpit, got it from The Watchery....Two-tone Rose gold.
View attachment 303282

Ridiculous! That is a thing of beauty.
How is gemnations Warranty? I think their prices are pretty standard, and with the little bit some watches are Truely discounted, I am not sure how shipping costs are... Are the an AD for all thos brands?

Thank you, the picture does not do it justice. Read the site...They tell you everything. The Watchery are not an AD for Breitling...so the warranty is with them, but I've had no problem. Shipping was free with my order. My Gemnation (MARTIN BRAUN)order was the same, free shipping and the warranty with them.

Made this thread a sticky per your request.

He can do that? Sniiff, not even a mod...:lol:

Nice explorer. Your correct that it flies under the radar. The level of refinement and workmanship is amazing on these watches. Also my favorite is listening to the watch before going to sleep. It either sounds like a very fast train crossing bell or fast "heartbeat". Love this brand. Then....

Yesterday my wife surprised me.....I'm looking at it, looking at it, and she knew right off the bat I wouldn't wear it often. She says it's pretty and I agree. Unfortunately, I'm not a big bling guy. Man, I love her! So it'll go back to our local jeweler and maybe I'll be looking at the Seiko....

Attachments

• $1285351572541.jpg
    $1285351572541.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 124
  • $IMG_20100924_110956.jpg
    $IMG_20100924_110956.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Top Bottom