What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Classicshave...yes, it's a good watch....Plan on giving it to one of my sons.
Today got the GMT IIc
$001.JPG

Today I'm wearing MARTIN BRAUN'S Grande Chrono...Interesting story about him. Made watches in Germany, got involved with a famous watch maker
who talked him into joining his company in Switzerland. Martin moved his company to Switzerland. Martin became disenchanted with his Swiss partner
and moved back to Germany. But he can no longer use his name on watches. The Swiss guy owns his name! This is number 22 Made in Germany. Becoming
quite rare now. Just a little info. I hope it didn't bore you too much...
$001.JPG

Today I'm wearing MARTIN BRAUN'S Grande Chrono...Interesting story about him. Made watches in Germany, got involved with a famous watch maker
who talked him into joining his company in Switzerland. Martin moved his company to Switzerland. Martin became disenchanted with his Swiss partner
and moved back to Germany. But he can no longer use his name on watches. The Swiss guy owns his name! This is number 22 Made in Germany. Becoming
quite rare now. Just a little info. I hope it didn't bore you too much...
View attachment 302150

That watch has character. Love the dials, font and overall finish.

Thanks Kruiser.......It has the most comfortable croc.(any) band I've ever had.
Wait until you see my new watch...It will take awhile to get here....But it is really cool.
Ordered it today. I decided to add a picture...
$31025.jpg

Last edited:
Loving the CW, the logo isn't bothering me anymore. Switched to a oiled leather NATO so I can strap it over the wool when working outside.
proxy.php

Nice watch Ray...No matter what the dial say's. I seem to remember talk about the CW looking too much like ChronoSwiss logo.
Even though diff. letters still too much like it in Chris's mind. I think it's a true tool watch and will last many years.:thumbup1:

Here's my new Citizen. It's a Meccanico NP3010-00A. It's got an in-house Citizen Cal. 4166, 21 jewels, handwinding, 24 hour indicator that's in synch with hour dial (totally unnecessary but really nice feature). Sapphire crystal (front/back: "Sapphire Sandwich"), case is about 44mm. My pics don't do it justice but here's a link with some nice pics of the Meccanico series.

$Citizen1.jpg$Citizen2.jpg$Citizen3.jpg

Yes it's a file photo. GO panomatic lunar XL today. I do seem to have an issue with this watch lately. Because I've been wearing the Rolex's more frequently this spends more time on the winder. It appears that my Oribta Avanti with rotorwind movement can't keep up to the requirements of this GO, even at the 10 minute setting. I'm going to wear it today and wind it tonight and then leave it off the winder to see what I'm getting out of the power reserve. Right now it seems if it sits on the winder for about a week then the power reserve drains to nothing. I know from the Oribta website that this is a high TPD watch but I would have assumed that the 10 minute setting would give me what I needed.

Anyone have similar experiences?
$IMG-20121130-00174.jpg

Why yes I have. All the Valjoux movements fail after a few days on the Orbita. That's the reason I bought the Wolfe winder. The Rolex and any regular ETA's are no
problem...Any movement with clockwise only(Valjoux) can't fully wind. :001_cool:

Top Bottom