What's new

Watch out, snipers about! PIF

I'd like to put in for another member. He goes by MGBBROWN. He has helped me in so many ways. I started out asking him about his old spice mug, and he has become a good friend. He's done many things for me such as educating me to my own old spice mug and brush restorations. He has given me collector grade razors, a brush, soap, and Mug. This was all done from the goodness of his heart. He has giving me help razor hunting and what to look for in a good vintage razor.
Most of all, he has given me friendship and I consider him family. I was very fortunate to find this forum. He and I joined around the same time. I am ever grateful to know you all and Tony (MgBBrown)

Merry Christmas and God Bless

Adam

If I have to say I'm in, I'm in. I'm sending it down to him if I win.

The spirit of this post is the reason I love this site. As a (former) Probation Officer for the past 16 years (until this past June) I have become very cynical. You do not see much good in people when you do these types of jobs. This is making my heart grow 3 sizes!

Shawn

I think I'll pass, since I've won a few PIFs myself recently. I've experienced quite a few Random acts of kindness around here that I wanted to mention though.
  • @wagstaff sent me a Shovel Head SE for head shaving as he knew I was experimenting with SEs and preferred things on the aggressive side.
  • @KevDogg329 sent me a starter strop while I was in the March restraint so I could try out my new (and first) straight.
  • @DrColossus sent me an Omega S Brush after hearing about my struggle with folliculitis and how I was wanting to try a synthetic brush to see if it helped.
  • @imatabor disqaulified me from his brand new made-to-order Whipped Dog Brush PIF...because he decided to randomly PIF one to me as well as the winner.

I'm involved in lot of non-random (organized) acts of kindness through my church, but I'll admit that I don't do enough of them spontaneously. I have helped push cars, and helped change tires on occasion. Usually it's when I know my kids are watching so I can try to inspire a giving spirit in them as well.

The spirit of this post is the reason I love this site. As a (former) Probation Officer for the past 16 years (until this past June) I have become very cynical. You do not see much good in people when you do these types of jobs. This is making my heart grow 3 sizes!

Shawn

I think you need to go see a cardiologist!

I'm in!

Act of kindness: I gave a student of mine a bunch of fishing gear because he loved fishing and his dead beat dad wouldn't buy him any. The kid doesn't have many friends and is super ADD, think table licker, but for some reason he can concentrate when fishing.

This forum has been great for me. I've learned a ton and am trying to pass on my knowledge to friends without being obnoxious. I've handed out soap and cream samples and talked up the hobby to anyone interested.

Gentlemen, I'm really enjoying reading the responses here, keep them coming.

I was tempted to cut this PIF short when I read Jared's post. I'm sure we can all agree that his need is probably greater than any of ours at this moment in time! I also thought that a lot of gents might be deterred from entering when they saw his post, preferring to leave it for him.

As such, I've spoken to Jared and we've organised that I remove him from this PIF, but am sending him something else instead. So please, gents, let the PIF continue and the stories roll in.
Mighty fine of you!

Have way too much stuff to be in. Congratulations on being sniped and well played on the PIF. Reading through the thread demonstrates what a great place B&B is.

I'm in!

I'll tell you a story of the moment I realized that B&B was truly a place of gentlemen. So a couple of months after I started traditional wet shaving I purchased an Above the Tie R1. I did not like it because it was far too aggressive for my liking. I had mentioned this in the BATTS thread and said that I would like to try the m1 plate and shortly after I said that, I received a private message from another member. He offered to send me his m1 plate to try out. Now I don't believe that I could ever send through the mail such an expensive piece of equipment to someone I had never met in good faith that I would get it back just because the other person was not forgetful or a thief. So he he sent me the base plate and let me try it out as long as I needed to. This was such a kind gesture and I could not thank him enough for his generosity. I learned through this experience that the slant was the best option for me. That act of kindness will not be soon forgotten and if you are reading this (you know who you are) thank you again.

Last edited:
The snipers never miss their target. You deserve it for sure. You PIF just proves the point. Congrats!

Acts of kindness I have done.??? None I'm a real jerk!

I'm in. I was with my two preschool aged daughters when we decided to have lunch at Culvers. I had placed the order and when I reached for my wallet, I was horrified to find that my wallet was not in my pocket. I had happened to change my pants just before we left and my wallet was still in those pants. I was really embarrassed and apologized profusely to the cashier who had to cancel the order on their register. I then had to apologize to my disappointed girls explaining that I had left my wallet at home and that we could return once I got it. Fortunately the round trip took less than 15 minutes. Now, with wallet in hand, I placed our order and we finally sat down to eat. We had barely started eating when a very kind looking man approached out table. He said that he had witnessed our trouble earlier and that he and his wife wanted us to have a little gift to buy a nice treat and handed us a gift card to Culvers for $15! I was speechless! It wasn't like I couldn't afford to buy our lunch or anything, it was just that I left my wallet at home. I was still stunned at his generosity, thanked him and he walked away.

It's pretty easy to become very jaded these days thinking no one cares for anyone but themselves but then you cross paths with someone like our anonymous and generous gentleman. I see that same sense of generosity and good will often on this site which always make my visits here an enjoyable experience.

I know this is off topic, but for anyone looking for an act of kindness, and I see this thread is full of it I need you to visit this thread, and help a little girl who suffered from a major arson incident that claimed her family and scarred her heavily. all she would like is for some Christmas cards, and I know you lot of gentlemen can help her get her wish
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...8-year-old-arson-victim?p=7872391#post7872391

please stop by and help someone find a smile would you

I know this is off topic, but for anyone looking for an act of kindness, and I see this thread is full of it I need you to visit this thread, and help a little girl who suffered from a major arson incident that claimed her family and scarred her heavily. all she would like is for some Christmas cards, and I know you lot of gentlemen can help her get her wish
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...8-year-old-arson-victim?p=7872391#post7872391

please stop by and help someone find a smile would you

Thanks for the tip...

Top Bottom