What's new

Watch out, snipers about! PIF

Not in- I'll always have something to buy but need for nothing

Congrats on being recognized. The thing about your most recent post (the one you mentioned in your PIF) is that YOU became an inspiration and reminder of what B&B can be AND you did it with words rather than actions. I tell my boys (my own and my scouts) that "it's not about what you say, it's about what you do" but you reminded me that what you say (so much of what B&B is, is what is said right?) can have deep impact too.

Rather than recount something I have done, I would rather recount one that happened this evening to me by fellow member [MENTION=85180]domzals1[/MENTION] . He and I recently engaged in a small trade of goods and my package arrived tonight. Our trade was somewhat open ended with him promising to send me a little something special for what I was to give him. Well, I open the package to find a few generous samples of VERY unique aftershaves I would never have found on my own. As if his thoughtful selection weren't enough he enclosed a wonderful Christmas card with a nice HANDWRITTEN note. His special care in selecting great unique aftershave splashes AND handwriting a Christmas card was a kind gesture from one B&B member, but it also impressed my wife greatly (w don't get a lot of cards so she REALLY liked that part). domzals1's personalized box of goodies has my wife is becoming much more excited about what might be contained in the BINGLE box under the tree (makes two of us). I have not seen her this engaged or excited about my hobbies or people who share my interests ever.
So, some random acts of kindness are BIG and others are small but what is important is how they are received and the impact made.

Again great PIF and really cool entry requirements. I hope a whole bunch of folks participate.

I'm in!

I enjoy more giving then receiving random acts of kindness. My dad was a 20 year navy veteran and since his passing I always go out on Veterans Day and find a young person in uniform to buy a drink for or pick up their tab in a restaurant. This year I ended up at a Starbucks when no less than 14 Coast Guard cadets came in. I quietly told the barista to put their coffees on my card and sat down and enjoyed the looks on their faces and the looks around the room as they tried to figure out who paid for their drinks.

I find this group just as giving with advice and with the willingness to share different products. Shaving is now fun!

Congrats on being sniped. You truly deserve it. I am not in as I have been very lucky recently with contests and pifs and am meaning to do a pif after the new year myself. Good luck on your GRU!

I'm in. I mentioned it the captains club but I am giving my brother my old Slim, after it got an AR15 coating from Delta Echo. We both randomly got into DE shaving at the same time and I wasn't crazy about the Slim but I knew he loved his. So, I was thinking I could give him mine, but maybe celebrate his time in the service with the AR15 coating. Stoked to see his reaction.

I've been a member of a couple of non shaving forums and when I started browsing here I really couldn't get over the kindness in the forum. I've always kept quiet posting in other forums because they got so snippy. This is the first one where everyone's attitude has encouraged me to participate. It's really not about the stuff, just talking about each experience and trying to pass on whatever we have learned to others. A pleasure, indeed.

I'm in.

This Saturday I am taking my son (6yrs old) to the mall and have him ring the bell for the Salvation Army. He will also give money from his piggy bank to the pot (that I will secretly replace).

As for acknowledging Badger and Blade I will say this... I have been looking for a solution to bad shaves, irritation, and ingrown hairs for 25 years. I thought there was nothing else other than cartridge shaving with goo. The knowledge and kindness that people on this site exhibit is unbelievable. It makes me want to check in several times a day to learn and possibly contribute to the conversation. It has transformed shaving from a problem to a hobby.

Shawn

For some reason that reminds me of the canned food drives we've done with the scouts. I remember going out in deep snow, freezing weather. Nothing like a boy in a thick coat dragging a sled of cans with frozen breath and rosy cold cheeks to get folks to give up their cans.

I'm in
, as far as acts of kindness my wife and I have taken part in mission trips to rural parts of our state that have been largely abandoned by the coal industry (west Virginia). There are many elderly people who are stuck in a bad situation with housing crumbling around them and we go for a week with a group to rebuild and remodel for several families.

I'm in (reached 50 posts :thumbup1:)

I'm witnessing a random act of kindness right now in this post!
A couple of years ago, I was catching a ride back home with a friend of mine through Connecticut and he wanted to stop by his grandmother's house. While he stopped in to say hi for a bit, I offered to take her trash and recycling to the curb for her.

This site is wonderful. Ive only been here a week but you guys are a real swell bunch. Helpful and humorous. It's great to have a place like this to go when no one around me cares at all about wet shaving.

If I had the gift certificate? I'd use some of it to buy a brush for my dad. He's recently expressed interest in getting back into wet shaving. I have a mug and a puck to give him, but I do not have a brush

Gentlemen, I'm really enjoying reading the responses here, keep them coming.

I was tempted to cut this PIF short when I read Jared's post. I'm sure we can all agree that his need is probably greater than any of ours at this moment in time! I also thought that a lot of gents might be deterred from entering when they saw his post, preferring to leave it for him.

As such, I've spoken to Jared and we've organised that I remove him from this PIF, but am sending him something else instead. So please, gents, let the PIF continue and the stories roll in.

I was tempted to cut this PIF short when I read Jared's post. I'm sure we can all agree that his need is probably greater than any of ours at this moment in time! I also thought that a lot of gents might be deterred from entering when they saw his post, preferring to leave it for him.

As such, I've spoken to Jared and we've organised that I remove him from this PIF, but am sending him something else instead. So please, gents, let the PIF continue and the stories roll in.

+1. Well played to both you and Jared. Proof positive your snipe was well deserved.

I'm not in, but I would like to record the fact I've seen many acts of kindness here in Cumbria, England, over the last few days. As you may or may not know, the county has just seen its worst floods in living memory, with hundreds of people's homes wrecked, livestock swept away, landslides, bridges brought down and communities cut off for days on end. I've seen people helping others to tow or push their cars out of water many feet deep, clearing ruined belongings out of flooded homes belonging to people they did not previously know and giving clothing, food and other items to those in need. The floods have been bad, but many people have acted in a very good way.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Great job on this!

I would say this type of action is exactly why the Sniper Team shot you.

Welcome to the Sniped club! Many moons ago, I received a Glencairn glass from those mysterious gents. Congrats on your selection and generous donation of said gift! :thumbup1:

Not in. I really wish badger and blade was a local place to hang out with you fine gentlemen. I've received to great PIF that were a result of asking a question. Actually one was a PIF to my daughter. She still uses the pen now but she's almost out of ink. So I'll probably go pick some up locally.

This is why you were sniped. Because you're one of the good ones. Well played sir :thumbup:

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I'd like to put in for another member. He goes by MGBBROWN. He has helped me in so many ways. I started out asking him about his old spice mug, and he has become a good friend. He's done many things for me such as educating me to my own old spice mug and brush restorations. He has given me collector grade razors, a brush, soap, and Mug. This was all done from the goodness of his heart. He has giving me help razor hunting and what to look for in a good vintage razor.
Most of all, he has given me friendship and I consider him family. I was very fortunate to find this forum. He and I joined around the same time. I am ever grateful to know you all and Tony (MgBBrown)
Merry Christmas and God Bless

Adam

If I have to say I'm in, I'm in. I'm sending it down to him if I win.

Not in, but stuff like this really is great to see. I think forums where the members mostly remain anonymous and yet still come up with kindnesses like this is the perfect antidote to the more attention-seeking types of social media.

In a similar vein, to get a pretty instant nice feeling / boost to your "karma" (for want of a better expression) I thoroughly recommend stealthily sticking a coin into an gumball machine, vending machine, etc. for someone to find and get the benefit of.

Top Bottom