What's new

Watch out, snipers about! PIF

Much to my utter surprise, I received a really rather wonderful PM the other day:

Team Sniper said:
We here at Team Sniper, have had our eyes on the community waiting for just the right target to come along for us to "hit". It has been documented by our ever watchful team that you are are valued member to our community, by acts of generosity, helpful posts to those in search, and general over all attitude that you bring to Badger and Blade when you are on. As a result we have decided to pull the trigger and send you a token of our appreciation.

At first I didn't believe this. I haven't been duped by strange men on the internet since I was...uhh, nevermind.
But then I searched the forum for previous snipees, I found out this is in fact real. I also found myself honoured and humbled to be joining such a magnificent list of members who have been recognised for their conduct on this forum. As some of you may know, I recently posted a thread explaining just how much I've truly benefited from being a member here, and I never cease to be amazed and warmed by the community spirit this forum fosters.

I'm taking part in the GRU - Christmas and will also be entering the 2016 sabbatical. I'm aware there's a restocking period in between, but because I don't want to tempt myself too much, I've decided not to buy anything at all (excluding my possible exception) until 2017. As such, the lovely gift certificate to West Coast Shaving will go unappreciated by me, so with the blessing of Team Sniper, I have decided to open it up as a PIF. My first PIF, and I'm so delighted to be able to do so!

Rules:
  • tell me "I'm in"
  • tell me a nice random act of kindness that you've either seen first hand, given or received (on or off the forum)
  • be an active member of the forum and have at least 50 posts
  • acknowledge how truly wonderful this forum is, given that we have members (like Team Sniper!) who reward us out of the goodness of their hearts

If you know what you'd buy, I'd love to know!

I'm not going to stipulate a geographic requirement as I have too many times seen a lovely PIF that I can't enter because it's "CONUS only". However, bear in mind non-CONUS will have hefty shipping fees!
If you have enough shave gear to get you through the next three years without any purchases, you probably don't need to enter [;

I'll make a decision when I log in on Monday morning!

Last edited:
Not in, I once got a mug from them fellers long before I was even a steward, use it to this day. what a great thing to do with a well deserved gift.

Nice job all around

I'm in, how cool of a thing for there to be a member like Team Sniper and yourself! I have never been on a forum that does anything like this, and I am on many for several different hobbies!

As far as acts of kindness, my friends and I have on several occasions been in Westport(a bar district in KC) and purchased some mcdonalds to give to some of homeless that frequent the area.

I'm not eligible (yet - this is #47) but kudos to you doing the things you've done to be honored by the powers that be in this forum.
Congrats on being recognized for your contributions :thumbup:

I'm in. On the way home from a Boy Scout event I saw a lady pushing her car in the rain. My dad and I looked at each other and without saying a word he pulled over the car, and I proceeded to push her about a quarter mile to the nearest gas station in full uniform. Got a cold for my efforts. Love the community here on B&B!

I'm in. When I was in senior year of high school, our band director took all the seniors on a trip to New york. We all got week-subway cards, but we were only in the city for 4 days. On our last day, we all decided that we were going to give our passes to homeless people around the city, they all were so grateful.

Cool PIF, count me in! Random act of kindness for me is sometimes when I'm mowing my front lawn I will also mow a couple neighbors lawns (whom I know, don't worry!) if they are in need, now, full disclaimer, I live in AZ so the lawns out here are pretty small and only take about ten minutes, but they always appreciate it anyways. Also, this one I observed, there was this fine gentleman on a shaving forum I belong to, who was recognized for his exemplary conduct and then payed if forward! I have been wanting a nice badger brush, as all I use right now is an Omega S-type Synthetic, which, to be honest, is perfectly adequate. So if I ended up with it, that's likely what I would look for. Thanks!

Not in, but congrats on being sniped! Very generous of you to pif your reward, also glad to see that the forum has helped you!
Recently my wife, our 2 boys, and I were out to dinner and secretly paid the bill for an older couple (early 80s ) . It was great to see how thrilled they were without taking credit or expecting thanks.:thumbup1:

Last edited:
I'm in.

Congratulations on being sniped and your inspirational gesture.

I'm not sure how random these acts are, but these are what comes to mind at the moment.

When it snows I clear the sidewalks for houses on both sides of me so folks can walk safely. I draw the line at clearing their driveways as they have younger men than me living there with snow blowers, so I'm not completely altruistic.

Recently my son and I were out for a walk with our beagle and another dog came running up. At first I thought it was going to attack our dog but as it got close it just looked like a nicer older lost dog. So we got it and read it's tag. No address but a phone number. We called that number and got a guy who wasn't home but it was his dog. He said the last time it got out that it was found 50 miles away! He lived in our neighborhood so the dog didn't get nearly as far this time. We held onto it until he got home. The touching thing was as we approached the house with the dog, there was another dog at the dog making quick paw swipes at the glass, looking very anxious to have his buddy back. That actually seemed more gratifying than the reaction of the people, hah.

I remember one time when I was really still just a kid in South Texas we were driving home and came upon a wreck with this poor soul crawling away from a smoking car that seemed like it might catch fire and/or explode. I and a friend of mine ran up and grabbed him and helped him away without thinking about the danger of getting so close to the vehicle. Probably failed the IQ test there, but I think that's just what most people do. Or at least I hope so if it's ever me! :wink: Well the car did catch fire but never exploded because proper rescue personnel arrived and got it under control before that.

As for what I might buy. Maybe some nice blades I haven't tried, an aftershave I don't have, or anything Proraso since I have yet to try any of their products but always read positive comments.

Thanks

Top Bottom