What's new

Wallet Advice

Hello guys, I need your advice.
A few days ago I had ordered two wallets online. One is for my brother and the other one is for my boss. Both of them are Birthday gifts this month.
I have a small dilemma, Which wallet is better for a 50-year-old businessman? I am sure that my brother will be glad to receive any of them, but I cannot say the same about my boss. He is really tickle and I do not want to make a fool of myself by giving him the wrong wallet. Please take a look at them and share your thoughts to help me.
http://www.realmenswallets.com/product/grunge-wallet-shark-skin-wallets/
$IMG_8872-copy-399x300.jpg
and this one
http://www.realmenswallets.com/product/best-leather-wallets-snakeskin/
$IMG_0835-copy-400x300.jpg

I don't know about you, where you work or what you do but I have been working in the engineering business for almost 30 years and I have never given or received presents from any of my supervisors. The thought seems very odd to me. Maybe this is common practice where you work. a wallet is a very personal thing any not something I would ever pick out for anyone.

But to answer your question directly give your boss the brown one.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Definitely the brown one for your boss, unless he was a '60s flower child

Legion

Staff member
Not sure about the colour, but the snake skin one will have to go to the person who is gentle with their stuff, and the shark skin to the person who is tough on them.

Snake skin is not very durable for a wallet, it is thin and the scales get snagged pulling it in and out of the pocket, making it look rough quickly. Shark skin, on the other hand, is pretty tough and durable.

I don't mind the look of either wallet, and the blue is cool. Maybe not for someone ultra conservative, but I think it has a bit of flair.

+1 on "Brown is safest"
+1 on "Gift for boss is odd"
+1 on "Wallets are a very personal choice, seems like a risky gift option"

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Brown to the businessman.
I'm willing to bet he'd be grateful for either one though.

Top Bottom