What's new

Vintage Matador DE LUXE

As told in my newbie thread I was given two safety razors from my father after complaining about cartridge razors. Both of them was packed in Swing boxes but there where only one Swing Razor, the other one was a Matador DE LUXE Precisionsrakhyvel. This is what I got:
View attachment 540164
Opening the container with the Matador razor reveals :
$2015-01-14 19.25.57.jpg
More pictures of the razor:
$2015-01-14 19.26.24.jpg
$2015-01-14 19.26.44.jpg
$2015-01-14 19.27.18.jpg

The chrome looks a little worn on both the head and the handle and the metal work is not as nice as on the Swing, even doe it is not bad at all. Compared with the Swing it seems like this was the razor of choice. My father has been wearing a beard since before I was born so it has not been used for the last 41 years anyway. I need to ask my father if it is he or my grandpa that has used this one.

Shave review will come in a separate thread. First impression is that it is much smoother that the Swing.

Any comments or information about this razor? Is it Made in Sweden?

Last edited:
I can't help with ID, but those are very cool. Congrats, especially since they are heirlooms from your father. Shave with them and enjoy with pride.

Reading the links above indicate that this razor is rather aggressive. In comparison with the Swing I find it less aggressive. It seems like I have to learn to shave with this one.

Top Bottom