What's new

Vintage Avon find

OK, well, there's enough time to cancel the emergency meeting that the council was organizing.
:lol:
Yes it is, Tom. It was the first DE I grabbed when looking to get some size perspective. I actually took a couple of shots with a MM, but then figured a DE would be more familiar to more people. I promise it won't happen again:lol:

Funny you should say that, this morning I cut myself shaving and nothing came out but air :lol::lol:
I have to go now, as someone is staring at me through binoculars.

P.S... STAY AWAY FROM THE CANS!!!!!

What a great collection, especially considering they were your dad's. I discovered long ago that my family has no shave gear to pass down (unless I have kids some day, then my family will be using my stuff for generations!:lol:) I love the boot bottles. I keep passing on a couple of empty ones at some of the places I go, but it's a difficult decision every time!

This summer I went to a garage sale, where this lady collected Avon and her Husband was making her sale it all. She had hundreds of Avon after shaves all full and in the box!!! She was selling them for $1 a piece!!! I went crazy and purchased a bunch of them. I love garage sales sometimes!!!

Gentlemen, I have an Avon Calling candlestick phone decanter that has some of the gold plating flaking off. Does anyone know of a way to help slow or stop it? I have even considered sanding & painting it with some rattle can gold paint.

Thanx!!!
Charlie

Just picked a fire engine with Wild Country, including talc, a Checker cab with Everest, another Jaguar with Deep Woods, and a Touring "T" with Everest. All aftershaves, all full, and all with boxes.

Here's mine. I found it a a local thrift shop for the princely sum of one dollar. It is in the shape of a corn cob pipe. To help date it, I've noted the label states "Avon Corncob Pipe Avon Spicy After Shave 3 FL. OZ.", "Avon Products, Inc, New York, New York, 10019" and "Keep out of reach of children". So perhaps 70's?

Attachments

• $Avon aftershave 002.jpg
    $Avon aftershave 002.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 254
Last Avon haul of 2011 for me. No boxes, but I didn't have any of these and the contents were right. Gotten for $6 each.

proxy.php

• Unknown Wagon-type decanter, 6oz Tai Winds AS (full)
  • "Maxwell '23" decanter, 6oz Deep Woods AS (full)
  • "REO Speedwagon" decanter, 5oz Tai Winds AS (full)
  • "Jaguar Car" decanter, 5oz Deep Woods AS (70% full)
Hey, what's that $7 Schick E2 Injector in blue bakelite doing here? Showing off, that's what! :001_tt2:

Last edited:
To all vintage Avon collectors in central Illinois and Indiana: There is a resale shop in Tilton, IL (south end of Danville) on Illinois Hwy 1 in an old brick school house that has a large cabinet of Avon bottles for $1 each. Most are empty but some are not. I was there today and saw a very large selection of 70's and 80's bottles, mostly men's aftershave but also ladies' cologne bottles. Included were the much discussed shave brush bottle in the box (but empty) and several rarer pieces including the Coleman lantern and the AMF bowling pin. Lots of car shaped bottles (mostly empty).
The store was asking for only $1 each so it may be worth the while for a short drive if you want to expand your collection.

To all vintage Avon collectors in central Illinois and Indiana: There is a resale shop in Tilton, IL (south end of Danville) on Illinois Hwy 1 in an old brick school house that has a large cabinet of Avon bottles for $1 each. Most are empty but some are not. I was there today and saw a very large selection of 70's and 80's bottles, mostly men's aftershave but also ladies' cologne bottles. Included were the much discussed shave brush bottle in the box (but empty) and several rarer pieces including the Coleman lantern and the AMF bowling pin. Lots of car shaped bottles (mostly empty).
The store was asking for only $1 each so it may be worth the while for a short drive if you want to expand your collection.

Awesome. My family is from Danville, IL.

Top Bottom