Vintage April, 2024

IMG_6228.jpeg

>1930 Gillette Criterion Gold New De Luxe

>Nacet

>Williams Mug vintage tallow soap, face lathered

>Rubberset vintage knot boar, a fine old brush that still does an excellent job

>Stirling Witch Hazel mix for a splash,
50:50 vetiver:menthol

@Guido75 and all the players, thanks for the memories! I hewed to the vintage line all April, even if I slacked off shaving to an embarrassing extent.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I realize it's May 2nd... but if Guido and David don't mind, I plan to add at least 3 shaves to Vintage April.

I just had my first shave with my 1933? Canada Regent Long Comb.... It was wonderful. It surprised me, truth be told. It shaves a lot like the AC La Faulx, though the open comb is different, of course... but the shave angle is similar.. on the shallow end. The Regent has lovely auditory feedback. I could go on and on, but I'll refrain.

I will just say, it's a wonderful Vintage razor and one I will be adding to my regular rotation because I enjoy shaving with it. ;)

I realize it's May 2nd... but if Guido and David don't mind, I plan to add at least 3 shaves to Vintage April.

I just had my first shave with my 1933? Canada Regent Long Comb.... It was wonderful. It surprised me, truth be told. It shaves a lot like the AC La Faulx, though the open comb is different, of course... but the shave angle is similar.. on the shallow end. The Regent has lovely auditory feedback. I could go on and on, but I'll refrain.

I will just say, it's a wonderful Vintage razor and one I will be adding to my regular rotation because I enjoy shaving with it. ;)
I would love to see a picture. Here is my Canadian Gillette New Short Comb:
20240502_174331.jpg
Well worn but shaves great!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I would love to see a picture. Here is my Canadian Gillette New Short Comb:
View attachment 1839703
Well worn but shaves great!
Interesting... I was told Canada Gillette didn't make a short comb... Go figure... Mine looks a lot like that but with the long comb... lots of gold wash loss... I'm going to have it replated now that I know i like how it shaves.

These are the listing photos:

Edit: Is yours called a "Regent"?

Interesting... I was told Canada Gillette didn't make a short comb... Go figure... Mine looks a lot like that but with the long comb... lots of gold wash loss... I'm going to have it replated now that I know i like how it shaves.

These are the listing photos:

Edit: Is yours called a "Regent"?
I am not sure about it and have never seen another one. I have seen lots of long combs though. I bought in a lot of five from an ebay seller in Nova Scotia for $25 shipped four or five years ago.
Compared to the American counterpart, it shaves more aggressive and isn't as smooth IMO. Either way you can't go wrong with the New's, either the LC or SC are fine shavers.

Thank you my vintage works of art. Such a joy using these vintage pieces for prolonged periods. I acquire an appreciation for the history and craftsmanship the more I shave with a vintage razor. I’m also attracted to vintage because I am holding and using a tool with an untold history. That fascinates me. And on top of all of that, the shaves are magnificent! Thank you for the wonderful month!

Thank you my vintage works of art. Such a joy using these vintage pieces for prolonged periods. I acquire an appreciation for the history and craftsmanship the more I shave with a vintage razor. I’m also attracted to vintage because I am holding and using a tool with an untold history. That fascinates me. And on top of all of that, the shaves are magnificent! Thank you for the wonderful month!
Well said David, well said! There is something about vintage that is just super attractive to me at least. Not that I mind using my modern razors this month - but those vintage razors come in many varieties of unravelled beauty.

Top Bottom