What's new

VDH Bowl Registry

Bump.

Where can I get just this bowl? I think this bowl is perfect size and shape for holding a puck and loading, and I'd like to have several of them to hold all my soaps. I have a rag-tag collection of bowls, and it would be nice to have a matching set.

I had that one and then PIF'd it to a new member with some soap in it. I still have the apothecary mug that VDH puts in their Luxury sets and love it. Very sturdy ceramic and for some reason I love the windmill logo.

Bump.

Where can I get just this bowl? I think this bowl is perfect size and shape for holding a puck and loading, and I'd like to have several of them to hold all my soaps. I have a rag-tag collection of bowls, and it would be nice to have a matching set.
See to me, I love having a different container for each soap. The MWF ceramic bowl for the Fat, the white milk glass jar for Tabac, the little red plastic bowl for Cella, etc. It's cool to look at all of the different containers, and I have a feeling I would get very bored if they were all in the same kind. But just goes to show that YMMV is alive and well! :)

Soak my brush in it every morning.
$DSCN0893.jpg

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I have one and use it often...still use the brush on my dome when I head shave.

I gave up mine along with some other "noob" items in the Never Ending PIF a few years ago. Ended up with some of the last of the original P.160 Tipo Morbido.

I have mine and still use it, mostly to put the samples in it. The brush I hated though. It shed like a dog at least 10 hairs every time. I threw it away the minute I got my fine brush. I still have the soap and use it every now and then

I've got one too, but I just started DE shaving this July. But I'm sure I'll keep using it though. I don't use the brush, but I will keep it for when my son starts to shave he will have his first. Here's a pic from today:

View attachment 603122

$s-l1600.jpgI don't have the green and black one, but the black apothecary mug that came with the luxury kit. I don't have anything in it at the moment but I'll put some luxury soap in it sometime. I've got some VDH deluxe soap in a Red Cross soup bowl right now, it's a lot wider and easier to build a lather in.

Last edited:
I had one of these. I can't recall where it went. I have been tempted to buy another, but I remember not being impressed by the brush.

I use mine every day for lathering. It has become the top half of my DIY scuttle, until I can muster the justifications to drop $50 on a decent scuttle, anyhow...

I love how the bowl fits perfectly in my palm for whipping up a lather...

I still rotate the brush that came with the set, as well. I prefer my Razorock boar brush, but the VDH is still a nice brush, for what it is. It does shed, but the size is nice for a change and it's more "scrubby" than my Razorock brush, so I use it on days I need a little more exfoliation on the dome...

I think that VDH Deluxe kit is a killer deal. I love the VDH soap, both deluxe and luxury, and for $8(what I paid for my kit), you can't go wrong...

$SOTD.jpg

Last edited:
I use mine every day for lathering. It has become the top half of my DIY scuttle, until I can muster the justifications to drop $50 on a decent scuttle, anyhow...

I love how the bowl fits perfectly in my palm for whipping up a lather...

I still rotate the brush that came with the set, as well. I prefer my Razorock boar brush, but the VDH is still a nice brush, for what it is. It does shed, but the size is nice for a change and it's more "scrubby" than my Razorock brush, so I use it on days I need a little more exfoliation on the dome...

I think that VDH Deluxe kit is a killer deal. I love the VDH soap, both deluxe and luxury, and for $8(what I paid for my kit), you can't go wrong...

View attachment 630444

I'm really liking that mug under the bowl. Nice. And great idea on the makeshift scuttle. I'm going give that a try.

Top Bottom