What's new

VDH Bowl Registry

Yes,

I still have the bowl and, it is a very good bowl. It rivals a couple of hand made ones that cost a lot more.
I use the VDH soap from time to time. It's a great soap for the price. I keep the VDH soap in the VDH bowl.

Since I have taken to face lathering, I use my VDH bowl as a soap stick holder- unwrapped / exposed portion down. A no-mess solution for me.

I have one ... but I believe I gave it to my son as well. :)

I use a teak salad bowl for lathering ... works wonderfully, bought it for $2 at Goodwill.

Got it a while back and decided it was too nice to use.

$vdh aug 28 2013-7080s.jpg

I still have mine, but it's sort of retired from shave-related duties. It just hangs out in the kitchen cabinet in case I need something to hold a small amount of dip.

I still have mine. It used to hold a VdH Deluxe puck. I moved it to another container because I wanted to use the bowl for bowl lathering. It's a good bowl and I wanted to use it more.
The puck will be going back in. It's perfect for loading a brush, but as a lather bowl, it's way too small.

I still have one. so it's really only used for soaking my brush and holding some clean water for adding to my lather

Same here! I face lather though.

I actually bought the $12 set, to take the knot out of the brush (used the steam method and it worked perfect), and set in a vintage Ever ready handle.

I gave my bowel to a friend who wanted to get into wet shaving. I still have and use the brush, however.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I still use the set and it's what I've been using since December, all I do is buy more of the VDH Deluxe soap. Actually I dropped about $10 and bought a year supply, maybe more of the soap. The brush keeps getting better and better with time, and there is a trick to getting a good lather for me in which i use a lot of water and load the brush than face lather than wipe off the lather from the brush on the inside of the bowl and reload the brush. It's stupid but it works, so it's not stupid. And it creates a pretty good lather in the process when I face lather.

Yep, that's my bowl too. I've gotten quite fond of it. It seems to work quite nicely for lathering. Part of me would like to have a few more for a tea set or pudding bowls or some such.

Yeah I do ! I bought a few for a give away raffle last year, and ended up keeping one myself. I'll be honest that mediocre brush while shedding more than my other brushes actually after awhile works pretty good, and the deluxe soap reminds my of Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel EDT which I really like.

I still use mine (got it about 6-7 years ago I think) just about every day. I did get a couple of those dollar store plastic salsa bowls with the rough interior for creams once in a while.

$IMG_8540.jpg

Top Bottom