What's new

Valet Autostrop Pass-Around

I have a 1912 patent model C Auto Strop that I think could be used to further the single edge experience of many. I know that many people are interested in Auto Strop razors, but they end up on the bottom of the "must try" list due to the general lack of blades and apparent enthusiasm on the forum. This model can take de-spined SE blades, or the Feather single edge blades, so it shouldn't be too difficult for most people to give it a test drive.

If you would be interested though in taking a Valet for a spin, comment below and we can make a list of places for the Valet to park. :001_cool:
$IMG_4423.jpg

List so far:
*DrAwkward
*Joamo

Last edited:
I did not know people still shaved with Valet Auto-Strop razors. Can you use regular SE blades in an Auto-Strop? Well, in any event, I'm game. Since I'm in One Blade in February, I can't try it until March 1st, but that is only 10 days away ...
Thanks for the opportunity!

This model can take de-spined SE blades or the Feather Haine style blades. So it should not present much of a problem for anybody.

I did not know people still shaved with Valet Auto-Strop razors.

On average, 4 of my 6-7 shaves in a week are with a Valet. I usually use the modern Feather blades, but the despined Gem type blades work great in the model offered in the pass around. Every SE fan should give them an honest try. IMHO, of course.

On average, 4 of my 6-7 shaves in a week are with a Valet. I usually use the modern Feather blades, but the despined Gem type blades work great in the model offered in the pass around. Every SE fan should give them an honest try. IMHO, of course.

I googled those Feather blades. I find it bizarre that Feather makes de-spined SE blades. Other than Valet fans, who would use them?
Anyway, I feel like I have stumbled into a whole new area of wet shaving that I never knew existed ...

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I googled those Feather blades. I find it bizarre that Feather makes de-spined SE blades. Other than Valet fans, who would use them?
Anyway, I feel like I have stumbled into a whole new area of wet shaving that I never knew existed ...

Feather sells a razor in Japan that takes those blades specifically. I do not think that you can easily buy it...

I got a few of them, they shave like feathers.

I'll include some carbon steel Feather blades with the package if that will tempt more people. You know you're curious.

Ok, last call.

I recieved and tried the Feather blue steel blade today and was not impressed, but I may as well include them since they won't make the package any bigger really. My personal rec. for this razor is to despine a Gem stainless blade.

I also just finished the one blade challenge. Looking forward to a SE this morning. Is it to late............to get in on trying your autostrop? I would love to try it.........hummmmm I am going to PM you just in case...If I'm too late just let me know, thanks.....

Last edited:
​Thanks Mos............really looking forward to using it also. How is this going to work..........I mean how long should we keep it before we pass it along? And is their a right way to despine a SE blade, never have tried to despine one yet.

It is being mailed out today to Dr. Awkward. I'm not putting any time limit on the trip since there's only a few people on the list so however long it takes from there is up to everybody else.

I am sure you can.........Mos is a very laid back easy going kind of gut and loves SEs and wants us to all try the auto strop.....but wait until you here from to be sure.

Top Bottom