What's new

Upside Down Baseplate Appreciation Thread

Pouch it upside down.

upside1.jpg

upside2.jpg

You all seem to know a lot about razor assembly and such. I’ve been having problems with my Leaf razor. Can’t seem to get a good shave, and I get lots of nicks and weepers. Anyone else having this problem?
Don't panic, this can be easily fixed: use a Gem blade from the hardware store, and it will work just fine.....:letterk1::c1:

I always assumed a tech baseplate could be used upside down to protect the blade (or fingers) when not in use. When I started shaving I used a tech of some type and always inverted the baseplate when not in use.

Or was I mistaken?

I always assumed a tech baseplate could be used upside down to protect the blade (or fingers) when not in use. When I started shaving I used a tech of some type and always inverted the baseplate when not in use.

Or was I mistaken?
I've heard that since joining B&B, but we shared a Tech and a Super that was shared between me and my three brothers and we never inverted the base plate on the Tech. We also rarely changed the blade.

I've heard that since joining B&B, but we shared a Tech and a Super that was shared between me and my three brothers and we never inverted the base plate on the Tech. We also rarely changed the blade.
I started using a tech before the internet, never mind b&b. My dad gave me a plastic handled Gillette tech with two or three blades. It was NOS at the time. I just tore it open and used it until I couldn't get DE blades anymore. Then had to move on to carts for a decade or so. I wish I had started with straights, but that was never an option.

Top Bottom