What's new

Update on Mongoose

There are some other threads that have already answered this question so you might want to do a quick search. Everyone has their individual preferences so I'd recommend that you try them all. There are pass around razor tours hosed by poonjaji for all three razors.

I've tried both Cobras and the Mongoose. I preferred the shave of the King Cobra very slightly to the Mongoose and the Mongoose over the Cobra Classic. The build quality of the King Cobra is much better than the Cobra Classic but I find the Mongoose build quality a little higher. Maybe it's my preference for stainless that sways me there.

I own the Mongoose over the other two because it's all stainless and I can switch the handles. I didn't care for the handle that came with the Mongoose and replaced it with a ATT Kronos handle making it much more nimble and comfortable to use. That was a huge improvement in my opinion.

The Cobra's are plated brass but I feel for the higher price they charge they should be all stainless. So I don't think anyone has made the perfect razor in this style yet but all three are very good choices until someone does.

I'm not sure if the Mongoose is the end all of Feather Pro style blades but it is very nice and worth the asking price. I'm very satisfied with it. Negatives are that it doesn't take the Dorko blades and that there could be a better mechanism to line the top and bottom plates.

If ATT made a Feather Pro style razor that would likely be the game changer for this style of razor. I know that it is for me for DE at least.

Last edited:
I'd say the opposite to JeffBr above. I'd put the Mongoose streets ahead of the Cobra. Looks, build quality, and of course quality of shave.
I shipped off the Cobra after a few months because it couldn't outdo my injectors. The Mongoose is here to stay. As always, YMMV.

Top Bottom