What's new

Turned Pen Question

Could I not just buy a "replacement nib" of sufficient quality? I have a friend in Japan for the next 5 days.

I wouldn't know where to get a nib only in Japan. The link for the Majestic pen shows that it uses a #6 nib. Goulet Pens sells #6 plain steel and two tone steel nibs made by JoWo, a good German brand. Before ordering one, though, be sure you understand what's involved. If you want to replace just the nib, you would have to wiggle (gently) the old nib out of the feed assembly. Sometimes this is easy, sometimes it's harder, sometimes it's very hard. You may get things out of alignment. The feed itself may come out or stay put. The #6 Goulet nib should be the same size as the original #6 nib but I can't absolutely guarantee that. And again, it's possible that the original nib may be okay. If you're going to order the fountain pen anyway, you might want to wait and see how it is. If you do decide that the nib they send is no good, then Goulet's usually has a fast turnaround on shipping. And they aren't your only option. There are other places that sell replacement nibs, but I'd rather let someone else mention specific ones, as I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom