IMG_6374.jpg

Evening shave - 2/10/24
Razor: RazoRock Old Type
Blade: Personna X-Series (11)
Soap: Palmolive Sensitive Shave Cream
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24
Aftershave: AV Musk
Rating: 9.5/10, DFS+
First outing with a new razor in the RazoRock Old Type. I have to say it was a good start. Easy to use and smooth. Close enough, but it left a bit of stubble in a couple of places, but I am sure that will get resolved with use. Great shave.

Morning shave - 2/11/24
Razor: BIC Sensitive Disposable (6)
Blade: n/a
Soap: Edge Shave Gel Shea and Sandalwood
Brush: n/a
Aftershave: Afta Original After Shave Gel
Rating: 8/10, SAS
Quickie before church shave to clean up a bit. did not want to do a full shave since I wanted to do that in the evening. The shave served its purpose and there was no issues.

Evening shave - 2/11/24
Blade: Dorco Titan (1)
Soap: BSS #1
Aftershave: Stetson Cooling Moisture
Solid second shave with the RR Old Type. Seemed milder for some reason than my previous shave with it. I have to work at it a bit more. I will keep this setup and hopefully I can learn the razor well this week. Still a very presentable shave. Very smooth without any irritation.

Evening shave - 2/12/24
Blade: Dorco Titan (2)
Soap: BSS #1 (Single Lye)
Aftershave: Osage Rub
Oh so smooth and comfortable. This razor really shines when it comes to comfortable shaves. It is on the milder side so I guess that makes sense. Still it is doing a good job cutting down the whiskers. I did have some areas with a little bit of stubble left though. Overall a great shave though.

Evening shave - 2/13/24
Blade: Dorco Titan (3)
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud
Rating: 9.75/10, DFS++
A bit closer than last shave with this combo. I did have a couple of stragglers left, but it is getting better. No irritation, no issues. The razor is not the most efficient, but it is very good for a good shave irritation free and I take that.

Morning shave - 2/15/24
Razor: Fatip Grande OC
Blade: Dorco Titan (4)
Aftershave: Skin Bracer
Decided to use a more efficient razor this morning. Wow going from the RR Old Type to the Fatip Grande was quite the step up in efficiency and blade feel. I had to be a bit more careful because this one can bite. I had a very nice shave without any issues.

Morning shave - 2/16/24
Razor: Fatip Grande OC
Blade: Dorco Titan (5)
Soap: BSS #1 (single Lye)
Aftershave: AV Musk
Solid shave without any issues. Smooth as can be and very easy work. Couple of areas with some little stubble left, but overall a fantastic shave.

OK, I'll play. I started a new 10-pack tuck of the Dorco ST301 Stainless today. I'll commit to finishing it as it'll be part of FFFMM.
Just a fair warning! You start doing this and it is hard to go back. Besides imagine the order in your den when there is not an open tuck in sight besides the one you are using. Welcome to TaaT! Where tucks come to be eliminated!

Evening shave - 2/17/24
Razor: RazoRock Mentor
Blade: Dorco Titan (6)
Aftershave: Clubman VIBR
Rating: 10/10, BBS!
First outing with the RR Mentor and it was a fantastic one. It does have a fair amount of blade feel and I could see it being a razor that could bite me. However, it did not and it was a super smooth and close shave. Very easy BBS! I need to use this razor some more because it was just awesome.

Evening shave - 2/18/24
Blade: BIC Chromium Platinum (1)
Aftershave: Clubman Whiskey Woods
Rating: 8.5/10, DFS
Started on a new to be blade in the BIC CP and since it is known as a sharp blade I went back to the RR Old Type razor in hope of that it would be able to tame the BIC. The RR Old Type did not seem like my type. It took a lot of effort to reach the level I did and the result was not stellar either. It is strange because it seemed to leave a straggler hair here and there and not really patches. I need to play more with the angles I think. No cuts, nicks or weepers though.

Evening shave - 2/19/24
Blade: BIC Chromium Platinum (2)
Soap: BSS #1 (single Lye)
Aftershave: Nivea Cool Shaving Balm
Rating: 7.5/10, DFS
Decided to use the RR Old Type a second time with this blade and this was probably my worst shave in a good while. I went shallow to see if that would help the Old Type shave closer and better. I think however that I also added too much pressure and I caused myself quite a bit of irritation and two weepers. The alum block told me that it was probably not a good idea to use an alcohol based after shave so I stuck with my Nivea after shave balm. Not sure what is going on here.

Evening shave - 2/20/24
Blade: BIC Chromium Platinum (3)
Aftershave: AV Classic
Rating: 9/10, DFS
I was a bit more careful this time around and while it was certainly not the closest of shaves I at least had an irritation free shave. For some reason this razor is just not efficient for me. I can even feel the blade, but it is not efficient. It is kind of strange. Still a presentable shave.

Morning shave - 2/22/24
Blade: BIC Chromium Platinum (4)
Aftershave: Osage Rub
Rating: 10/10, BBS
Woow another BBS from this razor and I have only just started to use it. 2 for 2 is amazing. Smooth shaving and living on the borderland of irritation. Super close. This is certainly the closest I want to get in a shave.

Morning shave - 2/23/24
Blade: BIC Chromium Platinum (5)
Soap: BSS #1 (Single Lye)
Aftershave: Clubman Citrus Musk
This razor just shines and the blade is just trucking along just fine. Another fabulous shave and very close to BBS. No irritation. Just the way it should be.

Evening shave - 2/24/24
Blade: BIC Chromium Platinum (6)
Aftershave: Stetson Cooling Moisture
There is no stopping this razor! Fantastic shave again and smooth as can be. The BIC blade is still super sharp and I could go probably another week without issue with it. No irritation.

Evening shave - 2/25/24
Razor: Greencult GC 1.1
Blade: BIC Chromium Platinum (1)
Aftershave: Lustray Blue Spice
Rating: 10/10, BBS
Goodness is all I can say! Goodness! Brand new razor with a fresh BIC CP blade and the result is BBS! Woow is all I can say. Top notch quality razor and different from all other I have used. I think this is the beginning of a great relationship. No irritation.

Evening shave - 2/26/24
Razor: Greencult GC 1.1
Blade: BIC Chromium Platinum (2)
Aftershave: Clubman Citrus Musk
Rating: 9.5/10, BBS
Smooth sailings. Still going strong. I noticed tightness post-shave so irritation is coming if I am not careful. Very close shave, borderline too close.

Top Bottom