What's new

TSA rules?

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
All these new TSA rules, and TSA treatment of civilians, is due to the 9/11 attacks. TSA are trained to treat everyone as an enemy until proven otherwise, so you can get that whole innocent until proven guilty philosophy out the window, because thats a pipe dream. This is why I say, people shouldn't be flying at all unless they absolutely have no other choice.

Everytime I re-watch the famous movie Home Alone, I always laugh when I see the family just running through the Chicago international airport terminal. My goodness the 80's was a different time! These days, if you tried to run through the terminal like that just cause your running late, oh trust me, TSA security will be stopping you in short order.

I personally don't have to worry about it however, cause I never ever fly, not for any reason, period. I prefer the safety of my own home, and I make it a conscious effort to stay away from people as much as possible. We just live in different times, its a scary world out there, and I rather not be out in it lol.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
These days, if you tried to run through the terminal like that just cause your running late, oh trust me, TSA security will be stopping you in short order.
That isn’t reality. The TSA controls the boundary between the air side and the non air side. Once you pass the check point, you are in like Flynn. If you run through the terminal it’s the airport police that have that jurisdiction. But they will not stop you for that in my opinion. I see people running through the airport like OJ from time to time.

I too have accidentally left tucks of blades in my dop kit in my carry on and have never had them discovered. I usually toss them when I discover them at my destination, or just check the bag on my return flight. Over the years I have accidentally left bladed tools, and even a Buck 110 knife in my carry on, and was shocked to discover these things in my bag at my destination. It happens.

I have taken a 3 piece Tech in my carry on. I take it apart and spread the pieces around in my dop bag so it doesn’t look like a razor T shape. I have never had any issues finding blades locally at my destination in the EU, UK or US.

However since the rule change, I have been more complacent bringing a compliant razor. I have taken a liking to the BIC Metal razor these days. It is the closest thing to shaving with a DE in a disposable format. It is even more similar to shaving with any injector, or an SE like a vector. Not as close as any of those. But rather enjoyable for those few times a year that I carry on my bags. I still bring a proper soap and brush everywhere I go.

I have taken a 3 piece Tech in my carry on. I take it apart and spread the pieces around in my dop bag so it doesn’t look like a razor T shape.
Exactly. I don't have a three-piece razor, I have a "magnifying glass handle" stored with my pens, a "belt charm" screwed into one of my belt holes and a "sideburn comb." (The last one is easiest, being a 3D-printed open comb. You'd have to make up something different for a metal baseplate.)

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
Canadian security screeners flagged my carryon for a 3 piece, broken down to its parts, and spread around recently. Just a quick physical search to verify that there wasn't a blade attached to any of the parts, and I was good to go. Regardless, that's typically time and patience I don't have at the airport, so disposables it is from this point forward!

Top Bottom