What's new

Truefitt & Hill Lavender--- Could be the greatest cream ever!!!!

I received some T&H samples a week or two ago. First out of the box was the lavender shave cream. I'd received my Trumper samples a short time before, and wasn't exactly knocked out by the couple of shave creams I'd tried. Violet was a great color, nice scent. But the lather was kind of so-so, but perhaps that was my lack of skill.

I've read descriptions of lather "exploding" in the bowl, but I'd never actually seen that rapid metamorphosis, until brush hit the dab of T&H. Wow. I remember thinking a minute or two later that this was the best shave of my life. It was -- but then, I only began wet shaving in earnest a couple of months ago, so there is that experience issue again.

Still, I found it terrific stuff, and would be tempted to order it. Not so the almond I tried a few days later. So-so lather, and the scent didn't thrill me, either. The Ultimate Comfort cream awaits ...

Now i will have to try lavender as i love AOS lavender

Just be advised that the T&H lavender does not smell very much like the AOS, as the T&H is scented with perfume oils, whereas the AOS is scented with essential oils. T&H lavender is actually closer to Coate's lavender, whereas AOS is more similar to T&H Ultimate Comfort, at least in terms of scent.

Last edited:
Just be advised that the T&H lavender does not smell very much like the AOS, as the T&H is scented with perfume oils, whereas the AOS is scented with essential oils. T&H lavender is actually closer to Coate's lavender, whereas AOS is more similar to T&H Ultimate Comfort, at least in terms of scent.

Although I am still in Shaving Nirvana with my T&H, I really don't care for the smell. It's ok, but not great. And now that Mr. Caine has said that it is scented with perfume, that makes sense.

shaving nirvana for me is a decent shave without attaining any new battle scars hahahaha scent is nice but with or without not a big thing really

Good point, but I've made such a big deal about T&H Lavender that I can't back down now. :lol:

But... for some reason... the shave is the best I have had (and I've done it twice!)

You can't argue with success. What other creams have you tried, just out of curiosity?

You can't argue with success. What other creams have you tried, just out of curiosity?

Sir, I had another Shaving Nirvana moment... and I'm giving you the credit!

I used Nancy Boy and my brand new Gillette Adjustable (I'm not sure if its a slim or fatboy). I remember you alluded to using a lot more cream than I use, so I used an actual almond size amount of NB. The cream was much thicker than usual, and my Adjustable set at 2 was amazing. Now, that was Nirvana, considering I LOVE the Nancy Boy scent. Wow! I think I might start using a lot more cream when I shave. Thanks!

My list of creams/soaps I have used:

Cade
Karite Unscented/Sensitive
C&E Almond (for 12 years straight!)
Proraso
Spieck
T&H Lavender
Harris Arlington
Trumper (just about all of them from their sampler)
Ingram
Palmolive
Williams Soap (barf!!!)

There is probably something that I'm missing. BTW, the Adjustable was incredible!! I love it!! I have a SS and a Flair Tip, and I really really like the Adjustable.

It looks like you've got a good frame of reference against which to judge the T&H. One of these days you might want to try the Castle Forbes creams. Their lime is very popular, although I'm more fond of their lavender - something you might like, too, given your fondness for the Nancy Boy scent (I'm assuming its their Signature cream, and not the cucumber). T&H Ultimate Comfort is another one I personally like a lot, as do a number of others, although it is not as uniformly praised on these boards as the CF.

I have found all t&h creams I have tried (everything except for Grafton) lather the same, and are all excellent... the limes certainly included in that group (not to mention that amazing lime scent!).

I have also found, with their tub creams, that it can be a bit clumpy, and there may be some small unlathered bits at the bottom of your bowl. But, the stuff explodes, so I have never found I have needed to try to get every last clump in order to have enough, as there is plenty of lather using my normal amount of effort. The tubes, though less economical, do not have this "clumping" issue.

Rose scent is also great. Trafalgar is the best cologne scented cream on the market, fyi :001_cool:

shave well
Drew

Top Bottom